BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anyone have a link or a part number for the high beam replacement bulb? Same as daytime running light bulb i believe...

Thanks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
bbfl said:
Hi,

Does anyone have a link or a part number for the high beam replacement bulb? Same as daytime running light bulb i believe...

Thanks!
write up your vin number

realoem.com/bmw/select.do

·
Registered
184 Posts
It's an H7 bulb. You might want to think about going with the Sylvania Silverstar replacement bulb (H7ST) which reportedly has a much whiter color to it, more along the lines of the xenon low beams. I think you can pick them up at Autozone for around $40.

bbfl said:
Hi,

Thanks!

·
Registered
494 Posts
It's an H7 bulb. You might want to think about going with the Sylvania Silverstar replacement bulb (H7ST) which reportedly has a much whiter color to it, more along the lines of the xenon low beams. I think you can pick them up at Autozone for around $40.
Unfortunately this isn't true, I got the Silverstar H7's hoping they'd be much whither similar to the xenon's but they are the same yellow as the stock DRL's.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Unfortunately this isn't true, I got the Silverstar H7's hoping they'd be much whither similar to the xenon's but they are the same yellow as the stock DRL's.
same here, I didn't notice any difference between stock and the top of the line silverstar H7's. Pretty disappointing since I have white fogs, halos, and low beams... the daytime running lights look out of place being yellow...

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
If you want premium H7 bulbs:

- OSRAM SILVERSTAR (NOT the Sylvania SilverStar, there is a BIG difference between the two)

- Philips X-treme Power

- OSRAM Night Breaker or Night Breaker Plus

- Philips X-treme Vision

- Philips NightGuide

If you want to match the low-beam color (~4300K) then get the Philips Crystal Vision Ultra. This is what I use and they match PERFECTLY with my Philips 85122 D2S on 50W ballasts and still put out a great deal of light. I personally like Philips products very much and have had great success with them.

There are others like the Wagner Premium or Narva Rangepower that are also very good, it all depends on what you want. I personally abhor Sylvania SilverStar and SilverStar Ultra bulbs and refuse to pay $40 for them. That is my personal feeling.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
- OSRAM SILVERSTAR (NOT the Sylvania SilverStar, there is a BIG difference between the two)
Totally agree. I order from Powerbulbs.com to make sure I'm getting the Euro Silverstar bulbs. They often have sales and the prices are quite competitive. The Silverstar H1s I have in my M3 fogs are totally white.

They were having a sale last month -- you may want to try this discount code for the Nightbreakers:

OSRAM Night Breaker is now available in HB3 9005 and HB4 9006

We notice that you've previously ordered bulbs from us in either the HB3 9005 or HB4 9006 bulb fitting.
Previously the best upgrade available could only offer 30% more light than standard. OSRAM can now offer 90% more light than standard, delivering significant increases in headlight performance.
Plus, for a limited time, save 20% off the normal price.

You can save 20% off the normal price, for a limited time, when you use the following code when you checkout: NBP20.
View the HB3 9005 and HB4 9006 OSRAM Night Breaker Plus range.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts