BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke a headlamp a few months ago on the nurburgring, so i've been searching for a good set of new lamps for a while.

Finally i got a set of smoked lamps so i swapped the buckets over. I kept the projectors the same since they have been modified to fit HID's (bought them that way)

Now the M5board might not like my choice for color, but i think it looks pretty cool. plus I will be repainting a replacement passenger fender, the center grill section, a new bumper w/ aplina B10 spoiler, and a CF hood. So the car wont be down while i pull parts off of it, they are all sitting nicely waiting for paint (hood is in transient)

ok, now for the pics

old broken lamp...

the engine bay

I wanted to take pictures of the front end all taken apart, but i got carried away, so here it is all back together with the black grill, smoked lights, de-amber insert smoked corners, oh and i threw in a E36 reiger GT spoiler for fun.

found a cool little bridge on the way home.

and the car was just too dirty to show off new parts, so she got a quick bath

that's all for now

·
Registered
77 Posts
That is the scariest looking M5 I've seen, looks fantastic. CSL rims look great in Matt Black. What suspension are you using and how do I get my hands on a similar induction set up? That must sound amazing. Good job.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks mate, the car was in pretty rough shape when i got it, and i've been polishing this turd for quite a while.ouich

I'm running KW variant II coilovers with ground control camber plates. the car was aligned by mark up at TTE near the nurburgring, but it still needs a bit of suspension tunning.

the carbon box tickles my pants every time i drive it:haha: fuel milage is in the toilet though...

contact my friend Martin the owner of MAXX automotive for the airbox. [email protected]

his website

http://www.maxx-automotive.com/

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
New lights look cool, I must admit. However, not too keen on the front splitter.

Rims and CF airbox look fantastic though!

Did you gain any hp with the new airbox?

Lantz

·
Registered
526 Posts
Man, I like that vehicle colour combo of yours. That blacked out look really works for me, especially on the dark silver/charcoal car.

About only thing I'd do different is removing that front splitter.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Don't like the front splitter but otherwise it looks really good!

What are those wheels where did you get them from? (I know that they look CSL's but..)

Also would like to know what parking lights are you using on your headlights? CC doesn't send any error message?

·
Registered
756 Posts
Man, I like that vehicle colour combo of yours. That blacked out look really works for me, especially on the dark silver/charcoal car.

About only thing I'd do different is removing that front splitter.

what he said, cool car:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
moody looking m5!

cool! Think it'd look better with grey centre grile section that holds the lungs, looks just a lil too black IMO.

Still, nice & moody looking!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts