BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Repairing Squeeky Active Side Bolsters

3K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  SoCaLE39 
#1 ·
Hey does anyone know how to open up the Comfort Seats on an E60 M5 so that I can spray some WD 40 in there to make my seats not squeek anymore?? Thanks!

#4 ·
From what I've seen you should be able to pry back the hard back part of the seat and access the gears that run the bolster. Don't pull too hard, just pry it with you hand a bit. It should do the trick. If anyone has a better method though, I'm interested in hearing it!

Kris

#5 ·
Funny I thought this was appropriate for the Tips and Tricks forum. I've searched on this topic before in the regular E60 M5 Forum but got no results. I'll try and pry back those parts like was mentioned. I'll let everyone know how it goes, maybe take some pictures too.

#7 ·
Heys guys....NO WD-40 on the gears. Water Displacement 40 is not what you put on the them. You need to put lithium grease and the squeaking will stop.

I had the same problem......:wroom:

#9 ·
Heys guys....NO WD-40 on the gears. Water Displacement 40 is not what you put on the them. You need to put lithium grease and the squeaking will stop.

I had the same problem......:wroom:

Roger, I'll try this!

#12 ·
I've never been to Tips & Tricks, so if it wasn't here I'd probably never see it. I don't use the active bolsters, at least much. They do work but they still surprise me just like they did to Jeremy Clarkson. Still good to know this little gem, because if they do start squeeking, it'd drive me nuts knowing that even if I don't use them (much).

#14 ·
I recently noticed this with mine as well so I'm going to give it a try.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.