BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard a remus exhaust on a 540. Car sounded almost as good as my beast. Any feedback on remus exhaust on an the beast?

B

·
0 Posts
Kings MotorSport said:
Heard a remus exhaust on a 540. Car sounded almost as good as my beast. Any feedback on remus exhaust on an the beast?
We have 2 video clips of the Remus on the M5. Visit www.beastpower.com to view.

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any thoughts on how it stacks up to the kelleners on a performance basis?

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
All the exhausts are similiar in their performance gain (basically nill). Kelleners provides a much more raspy/angry tone whereas the Remus is deeper/bassy.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I've only heard one on an M5 and it was way too loud (unless you like it that way!).

B

·
0 Posts
I see no real logic in going with anything but a Tubi or Kelleners, unless one is looking to spend less money.

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going the kelleners route. Thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Daniel,

Is there any difference in tone between the Kellners and Eisenmann Race exhaust? I listened to sound clips of the two from the Eisenhaus website today, the Eisenmann seemed a little less bassy and raspy than the Kellners. I'm keeping in mind soundclips don't always replicate sound very well. But, what are your thoughts on the two exhausts?

Travis

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
M5kid:

They are the same basic exhaust as Eisenmann makes all the exhausts for Kelleners and many other makes. The system is the loudest available for the M5.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
TCM,

Right, I understand that part. I was just wondering if there were any subtle sound differences between the two, like I had heard from others.

Travis

B

·
0 Posts
M5Kid said:
Daniel,

Is there any difference in tone between the Kellners and Eisenmann Race exhaust? I listened to sound clips of the two from the Eisenhaus website today, the Eisenmann seemed a little less bassy and raspy than the Kellners. I'm keeping in mind soundclips don't always replicate sound very well. But, what are your thoughts on the two exhausts?

Travis
This has not been verified yet, and will be almost impossible to do so from sound clips. Also, each M5 that comes off the production line may be tuned a little differently and also may have different mods installed, so even if you had 2 M5s next to each other, one with the Eisenmann Race and the other with the Kelleners, you would not be able to say for sure.

For all practical purposes, it is best to assume that they are identical exhausts.

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
M5...

I dont know why people keep saying that the eisenmann and the kelleners sound the same..sure they have a similar overall tone quality but there are marked differences in the sound tone. If any one has listed to the two exhausts and has spent as much time teaching their ears to pick out exhaust sounds as i have, they can tell you.

The eisenmann has a slightly more controlled, metalic rap sound to it. It gives up a little in overall sound tone for a slightly more polished sound. The neutral rev in the eisenhaus video explains this well. The just off idle sound, below bout 2000 is not as deep as the kelleners. As im sure you heard the kelleners exhaust on their site as well, im sure you can listen to what im talking about, as it displays a harder "grumm" sound vs the "brappp" of the eisnman. The raspiness that the kelleners exhibits is just a continuation of the eisenmann race but it includes a higher pitch and slightly more volume level.

overall: kelleners vs eisenmann
K has a more pronounced deeper bottom end
K has a more pronounced high pitch wail at the upper end
K has a less metalic and cut off sound

1 - 14 of 14 Posts