BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im stuck trying to remove these things, ive removed the fuel injectors and everything else but dont know how to access the nuts at the bottom

TIS says to use some articulated? socket, but i dont see how anything can fit in some of the tight spots the nuts are as you can see here

any ideas or experience would be great

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
its a pita, especially the last nut on each bank closest to the firewall. use a combination of 1/4in extensions, swivel/universal, flex head 1/4in ratchet works well on those in the pic. you have to open the throttles to access those nuts. also its helpful to have a small extendable magnet pickup tool. break the nuts loose then use the magnet to spin them off the studs.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
^ What he said. Opening the throttle bodies is the secret. Be sure you have every nut accounted for before attempting to remove them so you are sure nothing falls down into the head.

Reactions: StevoL

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, opening them did the trick to improve access to the nuts

the TIS says they need to be synced after theyve been reinstalled, do you guys know if this is necessary, if so do I have to use the special tool or can I make/buy something else that would work?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts