BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
The trim on the dash is easy the doors is what's getting to me. Anyone have a diy on this? Any help would be appreciated
Can you tell me how to take the dash trim off then? I think I have a missing clip so I want to remove and replace it.

·
Registered
692 Posts
pre LCI

the long dash piece just pulls right off, start on either side and work your way across. NO screws

The drivers side vent is held on by 2 screws, remove the head light switch by pulling it out and you'll have access to the screws.

for the center piece you need to remove the idrive and smg sift knobs (pull up hard) then the surround should come off, under that there are a couple of screws.

Again pre LCI cars you have to take the door panels off to get the pulls off. it's a PITA.

I had my olive ash painted piano black.

·
Registered
343 Posts
JeffL - Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've been searching for some kind of kit to cover mine... I'd like a carbon fiber layover or something. I just bought mine used and I'm not into the wood look that much.

·
Registered
65 Posts
looks good jeffl!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hey JeffL what steering wheel is that?

That thing looks badass!

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I've been searching for some kind of kit to cover mine... I'd like a carbon fiber layover or something. I just bought mine used and I'm not into the wood look that much.
Yes, Jlevisw has a CF overlay kit. I didn't buy it but they advised the finish is perfect.

·
Registered
692 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
LOL...agreed. I liked the wood on my old E39 M5 (with caramel interior) but I just dont think it looks right in this car.

I really want CF, but I am still liking the aluminum for now...only had the car for a month. I may eventually get the CF from JLeviSW but I want to see first if someone else likes it before I go for it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Jef thanks. I actually just ditched the car and bought a C63. time for something new I guess. [/quote said:
Ha funny that, my mate Paul (M5 VTEN) who I think you Jeff were in communications with re: steering wheel, he has just done exactly the same thing; sold the M5 and went into a new C63 (black), currently waiting on 20" HRE's from the US.

Oh well, you cant save everyone :grinyes:

Steve

·
Registered
692 Posts
Ha funny that, my mate Paul (M5 VTEN) who I think you Jeff were in communications with re: steering wheel, he has just done exactly the same thing; sold the M5 and went into a new C63 (black), currently waiting on 20" HRE's from the US.

Oh well, you cant save everyone :grinyes:

Steve
get out of here really? Paul ditched his and got a C63 too? funny stuff. I'll have to send him a PM.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts