BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 M5 is bog standard (which is the way i wanna keep it) but i want a deeper note from the exhaust without spendind crazy cash on a sports system.. i have been told that simply removing the 4 silencers and replacing them with straight thru pipes (while keeping stock resinator in place) would give a sweet deep sound with out blowing the ears off u...

My question is... is this wise?? would it affect the engine in and way? should i just splash the 1600 odd Euro for a system? i already got a price for this kinda job and id be lookin at around 400 Euro.. a hell of alot cheaper than a sports system...

Oppinions on this much appreceated every one :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">hi.
i have got hayward scott back boxes on mine . they sound awsome . the good thing only cost 500 pound . compared to other back boxes out there very good value for money and are s/s . i would recommend go h&s .

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts