·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks...

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
hairdryer & floss works well, just make sure you get it hot to the point where it will scold your hand.. otherwise it will be a ***** removing the remaining glue.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
At what point does a heat gun get too hot? Would hate to screw up the paint!

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Use a Hair Dryer NOT a heat gun. Hair dryer will work just fine. You dont need dental floss. Just heat it up with the dryer and wiggle it a bit. Should come loose. Use some some rubbing alcohol and some wax. Good as new.

Why would you take it off??
Makes it look cleaner. In the EU no one has any badges from a 118ti to the 760li. They just dont like the exposure.

I think it looks clean with out the rear badge.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Some like to debadge for the looks.
In my case I'm considering putting a black badge in place of the chrome. (I'm gunna wait till I go to Mfest and hope to see on somebody elses car.)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Do you have a picture or link to the black badge you speak of?....got me curious.

Some like to debadge for the looks.
In my case I'm considering putting a black badge in place of the chrome. (I'm gunna wait till I go to Mfest and hope to see on somebody elses car.)

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1C28 Safari/419.3)

I have the black badge and so does LI-M5.

They are around $20

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
http://www.modbargains.com/product.aspx?pf_id=bimmian_blackoutbadge_PR

LI-M5's looks great. But it didn't look like the provided adhesive secured it very well???? Neil, you ever get that fixed???
I have the same issue - The left and right side of my badge isn't completely affixed onto the car. The badge is also designed a little different. It's one piece whereas the stock badge is two --> ///M is one piece and 5 is a separate piece.

I'm trying to find the OEM badge online and have it painted or spray paint it. But being that it's chrome it will probably wear off right?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have OEM badge painted black, looks good.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Yes, as noted above by Wolf, it is better to take OEM badge and either powdercoat (if metal) or paint (if plastic). Not sure of the construction on the OEM badges. The modbargains version is very cheap plastic-y IMO. I ordered one for my AW M5 and never put it on. Plus, it is one solid piece with a very cheap sticker for the /// colors. Whereas, the OEM is two separate parts ///M and 5. Just my .02.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I have the same issue - The left and right side of my badge isn't completely affixed onto the car. The badge is also designed a little different. It's one piece whereas the stock badge is two --> ///M is one piece and 5 is a separate piece.

I'm trying to find the OEM badge online and have it painted or spray paint it. But being that it's chrome it will probably wear off right?
It is possible to paint on chrome but you will need to spray a primer on first that is made for such an application.

I had a hard time painting my light switch plates at our home because of the finish (would not stick) so I went to Finish Master for some help. They gave me this primer called "Bulldog" and told me to spray this on anything and the paint will stick. Sure enough, it worked great. I have never tried it on chrome but I can't imagine this not working. It comes in a spraypaint type can and it runs around $20. Hope this helps.....

Cheers ///

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Thanks. Where online can I purchase the OEM badge? I was looking on realoem.com but couldn't find it ?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts