BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I have an 01 M5 and don't like the Bruyerer Club wood trim. I also have a 528i with Vavona wood trim, but it's an automatic. I'm switching the wood trim, so I'm left with the stick that needs to match. I can buy the Vavona wood trim shift knob, but it won't be illuminated. So, I'm wondering if I could buy the Vavona shift knob, remove to wood and replace it on my M5 shift knob. Thanks.

·
Vendor
619 Posts
The 528i knob is a 5-speed, might not be the optimum choice.

6-speed wood knobs are available from the E46 330 ZHP (6-speed Performance Package), the Euro-market E36 M3 (post 1995), and of course the E46 M3 6-speed.

There's also an option from UUC...

You can't see it in the pic, but the front surface where your fingers make contact is black leather. The blue is a perfect match for the blue in the BMW Roundel emblem.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Rob Levinson said:
The 528i knob is a 5-speed, might not be the optimum choice.
Actually, I picked up a new accessory catalog from the dealer and it does have a 6-speed Vavona shift knob for the 540. The only problem is that it's not illuminated. I saw that UUC knob a few days ago. That's real nice. I most likely will settle for that if the color matches Vavona. I'll check on the E46 M3 illuminated knob.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Another option, if you really want to keep the illumination, would be to just get the all leather M5 shift knob, looks nice with any trim imo if the wood is not a must.

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
AmirBimmer said:
Another option, if you really want to keep the illumination, would be to just get the all leather M5 shift knob, looks nice with any trim imo if the wood is not a must.
I totally agree!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AmirBimmer said:
Yeah maybe. The UUC knob might not match perfectly and they're out of stock on the wood too. I called Leather Z to see if they could switch the Vavona wood from the 540 and place it on the M5, but they would still have to mill the wood on the 540 in oder to illuminate it. They said it's easier to use the 540 Vavona knob, mill a hole for the illumination and then replace existing emblem with the M5 6 speed illuminated emblem. But, 1 in 3 that they will destroy the wood in the process of milling it. I would have to pay for it too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts