BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm trying to remove the rear seat bottom to troubleshoot an OBC issue. I can find all kinds of help and videos on how to remove the standard seat bottoms, but this car has electric head rests, and there's actuation buttons right where you'd usually grab to pull up. I don't want to break anything, or at least not without first reaching out for second opinions. Anyone work with seats like this? Is it just a straight pull up like normal?

I should add that RealOEM has nothing to offer in their diagrams, apparently these parts were individual and don't track in the online diagrams?

·
Registered
461 Posts
RealOEM does have the reference to the parts (i.e. Switch head rest rear 61311379078) however the EPC has never been much help nor was it designed to be a reference for vehicle repairs and disassemble.
You will want to refer to the E34 repair manual: link below: click on: contents - Section 52 Seat, then image: 52-20-000.
I anticipate once the clips on both sides of the lower cushion are released you will need to unplug the connector for the head rest switches before the cushion is removed.

·
Registered
7,645 Posts
Yes , lift the seat with a sharp tug as usual and then disconnect the white plugs underneath to completely remove the seat base .

Nice looking interior , BTW .

D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
davidoli
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing