BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some wisdom on how to remove the Dash Trim (Aluminum in my case) without damaging it or the black dash pieces above or below it. From a search of other threads, they appear to be held in with push-in clips located somewhere along the centerline of each piece and the method to remove them seems to be to just pull on them, however I also read a thread indicating they can bend.
So what is the favorite technique for getting these off with damage?

Thanks

Dudley

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Dig into the edge with your fingers and pull it out. Once it's out enough, use both hands to pull it out. Using both hands minimizes bending the trim too much. Otherwise, the wood could crack. It's pretty strong though; the backing is steel. It's also helpful to use a real small philips screwdriver to pry it out from the top so that you could get the second hand in there. It's pretty easy.

I changed my Bruyere Club (yellowish-orang-brown)/puke trim to Vavona (reddish-brown). Bruyere Club on blue was nasty. Vavona isn't as bad. I wish I could get birch. I think they have them in Europe. Titanium is ok but too toyish for me. Then again, the blue interior is toyish too.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts