BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I'm trying to remove the wood trim on my 2003 and have read most of the posts about doing so. The thing is, it seems like my car is different, there's no plastic cover in the top of the glove box and I can't see where there are 4 plastic screws that would hold the trim in. I have tried to tug on the trim itself but it really feels like it's being held in place so I don't want to force it. My car has leather covered dash, if that makes a difference. So, what's the secret?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
The trim above the glove box should just be a push fit. There are 4 prongs that fit into holes in the dash, they can be pretty stiff but there are no screws holding the trim in place.

·
Company Representative for Valley Motorwerks
763 Posts
The trim above the dash is held in by push pins into plastic grommets. The issue with this piece is the dash material overlaps the top of it so it pulls out very stiffly. Use a lot of patience and a wide trim tool. A 1/2" wide spreader from lowes or wherever and a cloth will work in a pinch. Pull a straight out as possible to avoid breaking the pins. Lift at one end then work down the trim until it is loose everywhere, only then can you pull at one end to get it out.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Pull carefully though as others have said. Expensive to replace.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts