BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wondering if there is a way to link the mirror rollup with the remote. So that when I lock my car, the mirrors rollup automatically.

So...
Initiate Lock via Remote = Car Locks + Mirror Rollup.
Initiate unlock via Remote = Car unlock + Mirror Roll down.

Thoughts???

Bobby
02 Silver M5///

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
In my VW days, there was a company named AlienTech that made a controller that allowed you to control the windows from the oem remote. If I remember correctly, there is a small unit that has to be installed in the door...so it wasn't just a simple reprogramming like you are thinking of. Anyhow, maybe the same thing can be done with the mirrors?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The windows do go down if you hold the open button on the remote. It opens all winodws as well as the sunroof.

To close all windows without using the winodws controlls, just put the key into the driver door and hold it to the close position. This closes all open windows.

But I was wondering more about closing the mirror when i lock the car with Remote.

Thanks though!

·
Registered
208 Posts
M5ABI said:
I have been wondering if there is a way to link the mirror rollup with the remote. So that when I lock my car, the mirrors rollup automatically.

So...
Initiate Lock via Remote = Car Locks + Mirror Rollup.
Initiate unlock via Remote = Car unlock + Mirror Roll down.

Thoughts???

Bobby
02 Silver M5///
Bobby,
There was a thread about this a while ago. If I remember correctly the problem lies in the motor which moves the mirror head, apparently it will burn out from repeated folding and unfolding.
If you do a search you may find the thread.
Cheers,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts