BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK! So, you know when you unlock your car with the keyless entry--the car would make that whiney noise? Sound like the electronics are turning on.

Well, thats not happening anymore. . .

I am currently having some problems with the car in regard to the CCC shutting off intermittently; but not to sure if it related?

Ahmed!! Where you at buddy!! :byebye:

·
Banned
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you referring to the fuel pump priming?
Yeah, i guess thats what it was...

I just had the pump and line replaced. . .wtf is going on! :confused:

AHHHMED! :1zhelp:

·
Banned
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
977 Posts
When you open the car doors via the key it primes the SMG pump which you hear, you can barely hear the fuel pump. Loud whine = SMG pump.

·
Registered
977 Posts
And yes no priming action of the pump means pump is dying or dead... Soon you probably wont have any gear changing... Get it fixed asap.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Remember... all mechanical parts in your car are controlled by electronics. And electronics require constant voltage.
I think you know what I'm trying to get at!

It can be a cheap fix now, but if you delay... it could get more costly!

Get your battery replaced ASAP!

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
My screen would intermittently shut off too, I took it to the stealer and they found it was a faulty CCC. I had mine replaced earlier this year.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mine priming as well.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
What is a CCC?
I vaguely remember since I had it done earlier this year, but what I de remember is that it is a computer control module that runs the nav, radio, cd changer, idrive screen, etc. The way my CCC crapped out was that everytime I would select a CD from the changer, the screen would die and reboot. If I didn't use the CD changer, everything worked ok. Funny though, it wasn't the CD changer that was faulty but rather the control module that ran it. Hope this helps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts