BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quickie for comment. My car has just covered 45k. I am obviously very pleased with the performance which cannot be faulted, however i was wondering whether it was much benefit to have a basic remap done to her?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Just a quickie for comment. My car has just covered 45k. I am obviously very pleased with the performance which cannot be faulted, however i was wondering whether it was much benefit to have a basic remap done to her?

Thanks in advance
You will see some benefits to a remap at the stock level. It's just preference. Some would prefer to get the remap done after a few mods.

·
Registered
489 Posts
There's a noticable difference with a remap, not power wise, more with power delivery/smoothness.

You'll not go wrong giving E-maps a call.

Lee

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see they are at Brownhills which is close. Has anybody tried P-Torque in Wombourne, according to some reviews they are good and on the doorstep......

·
Registered
489 Posts
I see they are at Brownhills which is close. Has anybody tried P-Torque in Wombourne, according to some reviews they are good and on the doorstep......
Can't comment on P-Torque as I've not used them, but I have had E-maps do two of my cars, and I know of a good number of M5 he's done also.

·
Registered
911 Posts

Thanks in advance
I think that you will see a big difference with remap. My car has Evolve remap and everybody who had driven it goes with remap after short test drive :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
You'll get many people giving their own preference on here, because basically whatever one you have done, if you're happy with the results, and you don't try any other, how are you to know which is best? My personal recommendation is Evolve's Alpha N, I and many others on here have it and love it, its not that far from you, and I am very pleased with it.

·
Company Representative for Evolve Automotive
3,068 Posts

·
Company Representative for Evolve Automotive
3,068 Posts
Can't comment on P-Torque as I've not used them, but I have had E-maps do two of my cars, and I know of a good number of M5 he's done also.
We love remapping cars that have been to mobile guys previously.
We get bigger gains that over stock cars due to the fact that they by the vanos changes completely wrong.

The e39 m5 cannot be mapped using conventional methods like just adding a set percentage increase in timing, fuel and just globally changing the cam timing for all loads and rpm's.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts