BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am relocating due to work to South Jordan area of Utah. Is anyone there or in the area? Also what is it like to live there. Thanks

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
Buy 3 mountain bikes, 3 Pairs of skis, 2 kayaks, and a LandCruiser and you'll have a blast.

I grew up in Fairfax, went to school in VA, spent 10 years in the Colorado Rockies in my 20s and 30s after college and loved every day of it.

My business brought me back down to sea level, but at least I'm at the Beach. I was just back in CO, when we got 40" of freshies! Sick powder day, to say the least.

Hopefully some UT locals will chime in.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Stumbled upon this post... Hey I'm from SLC and love it here... Its a great state imo. As far as I know we are not represented well on this board, but if you have facebook add Utah Bmw Enthusiasts and there is a lot of fun events. I just barely did an auto cross event at the Larry H Miller track...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm located farther north by hill afb, weather is crazy day to next as the seasons change. Pretty rare to see m's around up north area.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just saw your guys post. Sounds good Ill have to check out that page. I will be heading up to Hill soon I am an System Engineer and have some stuff up there I will be doing. Then Ill have some more frequent visits. Thanks for the input guys

·
Super Moderator
4,827 Posts
Coming from someone who's only there a week or two at a time, between Midvale and Draper, don't miss Lone Star Tacqueria in Ft Union.

If you're a skier, biggest decision will be whether to get a pass to Alta or to join colleagues up at Snowbasin/Powder. If not, at least consider trying it, hiking, and/or biking.

Between the gas prices and Miller, I've wished I had my car with me. I liked Bonneville and Kennecott too.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea comming from DC to here has been awesome in that relm EVERYTHING is super cheap. The only issue I am having is trying to find a good indy that can work on my car. And modding is going to be a pain I guess I will have to drive a few hours and do everything at once.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yea comming from DC to here has been awesome in that relm EVERYTHING is super cheap. The only issue I am having is trying to find a good indy that can work on my car. And modding is going to be a pain I guess I will have to drive a few hours and do everything at once.
A couple of quick links for you:

https://www.facebook.com/CarsandCoffeeSLC (in South Jordan on 10600 south)

I can't find the other Facebook page (I don't have Facebook but I know there is a big group on there): search Utah BMW Enthusiasts. That's where a lot of the BMW guys in Utah hang out.

·
Registered
69 Posts
This Saturday there'll be a barbecue bmw event.. you guys should come! I'm usually the only e60 m5 representing... more info on the Utah bmw enthusiasts page..

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Unfortunately, no way I can make it this weekend. Have a funeral to attend and two families, and a friend of the family all staying with us this weekend. Have fun!

If you run across anyone that wants an E60, I actually just put mine up for sale: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/cars-sale-wanted/368298-sale-e60-2008-smg-black-black-aluminium-all-stock-40k-miles.html

1 - 13 of 13 Posts