BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given the amount of current activity and insider information flow, and the number of fans that follow typical production cycles of the M version.

What do people on the board think the likely introduction of the production F10 M5 will be? :wroom:

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
There are speculations that the concept NOT will be shown in Geneva (within roughly one month from now) but soem other autoshow. Shanghai in April?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Be very surprised if the M5 was not launched in Geneva. The E60 M5 and E92 M3 concepts were both shown in Geneva. If it's not Geneva it will be Frankfurt.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Last I heard Frankfurt Autoshow in September.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
NY Autoshow is late Apr, early May. Cosidering how big of a market the US is, hoping we get to see it!

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Based on their schedule for the E60 M5 I would say:

Concept - Geneva
Production - Frankfort
US Production - Detroit 1/12
US Market Release October 2012

I'd be surprised if I'm more than a few months off based on all we've seen of the development and BMW's history of releasing the E60.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Based on their schedule for the E60 M5 I would say:

Concept - Geneva
Production - Frankfort
US Production - Detroit 1/12
US Market Release October 2012

I'd be surprised if I'm more than a few months off based on all we've seen of the development and BMW's history of releasing the E60.
The only date I suspect (hope) will change is the U.S. sales date. I think it will be Late Spring 2012. Basically within 6 months of the Nov 2011 sales date for the Europeans.

Getting a new one Mike?

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
US is quite uniformly 12 months behind European/rest of world release it seems.
Not entirely true. The E60 M5 appeared in Europe in the summer of 2005. I saw a very early one in Switzerland in July 2005. The M5 came to the U.S. in the winter of 2006 as I recall. So, less than 12 months for the M5. But the M6 took longer to get to the U.S. even though the very early ones also appeared in Europe in 2005.

Time will tell how screwed/<strike)screwed>delayed the U.S. will be this time...</strike)screwed>

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Also, what to take notice of is that the BMW M5 E60 deliveries in Europe and rest of the world excl. USA was delayed I beleive 1-3 months because of a faulty subcontractor, relating to the Vanos line or pumps I beleive so customers did not get the BMW M5 until around early May 2005 (or mid April for the lucky ones) I beleive in Europe.

For example see this post: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e6...-10-e60-m5-beasts-m5board-com.html#post562189

delivery 22nd of April
silverstone II with black interior
aluminium
And for reference to US deliveries, BMW Manhattan's first customer: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e6...-e60-m5-beasts-m5board-com-14.html#post616193

A new beast on the Board:)

BMW Manhattan - Their first delivery Oct 20/05
Sapphire Black/Portland Brown
Loaded
Miles on delivery 1.2
For those wondering in US - Gas guzzler $3,700

Automatic is a dog - hopefully that changes when I can start using the paddles.

I took delivery of my 2006 E60 M5 in early Oct 2005 when the first shipments arrived in the US.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
The only date I suspect (hope) will change is the U.S. sales date. I think it will be Late Spring 2012. Basically within 6 months of the Nov 2011 sales date for the Europeans.

Getting a new one Mike?
First on the list for the new one. I'll be 'babying' this one though - no tracktime since I've got my dedicated race car...:wroom:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Will they do a simultaneous release with the M6 like they did with the X5 M/X6 M?

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Also, what to take notice of is that the BMW M5 E60 deliveries in Europe and rest of the world excl. USA was delayed I beleive 1-3 months because of a faulty subcontractor, relating to the Vanos line or pumps I beleive so customers did not get the BMW M5 until around early May 2005 (or mid April for the lucky ones) I beleive in Europe.
The high-pressure VANOS oil line problem was not discovered until later when a significant percentage of new M5s would randomly dump their entire oil wherever they were. Lots of people had their cars towed. There was a recall for the problem. The other big problem (later) was failures of the SMG hydraulic pump where the transmission would lock up and make the car undriveable. This also caused many tows and a later recall. Mine failed at 2:30am on a Sunday morning way out in the country that required a 160 mile tow. The recall came the next day. Ugh!! Teething pains of new M cars.

The E60 production run for the US began after the German summer break. So production began in late August with US delivery starting late Sept / early Oct.

·
Registered
992 Posts
damn! I was planning on getting rid of my E60 this year... (it'll probably be at 50k miles and I refuse to keep it outside of warranty.)

All these posts got me hoping that I could wait it out for a few months and get the F10 M5. Guess not. Looks like I'll be getting a GT-R for a couple years and then getting hopefully a new F10 M5. Hopefully the LCI will be out as well.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts