BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I first start my car I am seeing "Reifenkontr.inaktiv" on the cluster LED bar. I assume its German, but what does it mean? I looked up the cluster tests here Exploring the E39 OBC and ran Test 10: Country coding; Its set to 02 US so I'm not sure why it would be displaying German for this message and English for everything else. Help Please.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Thanks for the 'Exploring the E39 OBC' link, haven't seen that before and provides some fleshing out of things I wasn't familiar with :)

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
it's the typical german shorthand-combo words BMW likes to use in NCSexpert.

just looking on google translate it seems as if it's saying tire counter inactive - i.e. wheel speed sensor problem, or ABS module problem.

also, it's displaying in german because you own a german car, engineered in germany and these are words you weren't supposed to see.

has any recent work been done on the car? any other symptoms?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Tire control system inactive.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
It does.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it's the typical german shorthand-combo words BMW likes to use in NCSexpert.

just looking on google translate it seems as if it's saying tire counter inactive - i.e. wheel speed sensor problem, or ABS module problem.

also, it's displaying in german because you own a german car, engineered in germany and these are words you weren't supposed to see.

has any recent work been done on the car? any other symptoms?
Thanks, I will have to check the wheel speed sensors.

The only work done on the car lately was some suspension work...control arms and sway bars.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Thanks, I will have to check the wheel speed sensors.

The only work done on the car lately was some suspension work...control arms and sway bars.

bingo!

I have accidentally broke one of my connectors while doing thrust arms - it's not hard to hit it.

Reactions: Strike

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Nice work! If this proves to be the issue this thread exemplifies the forum as a model of efficiency!

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
This thread seems to suggest that there are sensors in the valve stems....I was under the impression that the e39 uses the wheel speed sensors to monitor the tire pressure.

upon more playing in google translate, I'm in agreeance here.

I think it's just saying Tire Control Inactive....not sure why though. perhaps a fault in the system?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts