BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone gone this route for performance. I have a GSXR 600 and instead of trying to dump a bunch of money to make it fast, I did a +2 rear, -1 front to make it a whole lot quicker. It changed top speed from 150ish to the 120's. I was thinking since there's really no point in driving what the car is capable of and just redoing the rear end to a higher gear ratio to make it quicker then getting the computer reworked to account for the different gears after doing some of the math.

just a thought.

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Has anyone gone this route for performance. I have a GSXR 600 and instead of trying to dump a bunch of money to make it fast, I did a +2 rear, -1 front to make it a whole lot quicker. It changed top speed from 150ish to the 120's. I was thinking since there's really no point in driving what the car is capable of and just redoing the rear end to a higher gear ratio to make it quicker then getting the computer reworked to account for the different gears after doing some of the math.

just a thought.

Umm.... Did you know that Dinan and Evosport made the 3.91 rear ends? (stock is 3.62 or something)... They basically raid the BMW Motorsports parts bin.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Umm.... Did you know that Dinan and Evosport made the 3.91 rear ends? (stock is 3.62 or something)... They basically raid the BMW Motorsports parts bin.
I have heard it works, well, but at times it is impossible to get traction in 1st gear. As it is the thing chirps going into 3rd and its stock.

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
I have heard it works, well, but at times it is impossible to get traction in 1st gear. As it is the thing chirps going into 3rd and its stock.

Trust me it's good.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trust me it's good.
haha, yeah I definately think i will be doing the gears especially since ill have a x90 as a daily driver for work and etc. Once I sell my bike I'm going to be ready to get an '06.

I want to start doing mods but everything will be so far in between. My buddy has a dealer discount on wheels since they do private sales - with that I want to see if i can get HRE or maybe some iForged 20's after a month. I just want to powder coat the stock wheels black + remove charcoal, ram air + exhaust, wheels(if no discount) + suspension, gears, headers - each as time goes by.

I've been having trouble sleeping because I can't wait to get behind the wheel of one.

Reactions: plastique999
1 - 5 of 5 Posts