BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone gone this route for performance. I have a GSXR 600 and instead of trying to dump a bunch of money to make it fast, I did a +2 rear, -1 front to make it a whole lot quicker. It changed top speed from 150ish to the 120's. I was thinking since there's really no point in driving what the car is capable of and just redoing the rear end to a higher gear ratio to make it quicker then getting the computer reworked to account for the different gears after doing some of the math.

just a thought.

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Has anyone gone this route for performance. I have a GSXR 600 and instead of trying to dump a bunch of money to make it fast, I did a +2 rear, -1 front to make it a whole lot quicker. It changed top speed from 150ish to the 120's. I was thinking since there's really no point in driving what the car is capable of and just redoing the rear end to a higher gear ratio to make it quicker then getting the computer reworked to account for the different gears after doing some of the math.

just a thought.

Umm.... Did you know that Dinan and Evosport made the 3.91 rear ends? (stock is 3.62 or something)... They basically raid the BMW Motorsports parts bin.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Umm.... Did you know that Dinan and Evosport made the 3.91 rear ends? (stock is 3.62 or something)... They basically raid the BMW Motorsports parts bin.
I have heard it works, well, but at times it is impossible to get traction in 1st gear. As it is the thing chirps going into 3rd and its stock.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Trust me it's good.
haha, yeah I definately think i will be doing the gears especially since ill have a x90 as a daily driver for work and etc. Once I sell my bike I'm going to be ready to get an '06.

I want to start doing mods but everything will be so far in between. My buddy has a dealer discount on wheels since they do private sales - with that I want to see if i can get HRE or maybe some iForged 20's after a month. I just want to powder coat the stock wheels black + remove charcoal, ram air + exhaust, wheels(if no discount) + suspension, gears, headers - each as time goes by.

I've been having trouble sleeping because I can't wait to get behind the wheel of one.

Reactions: plastique999
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.