BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

161 - 180 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
ard, I get it. I know you are doing your job on the PM limits and such, sorry for being a complainer.

In the interest of fairness, I've had more proactive communication from refresco asking me to keep the board up to date when things arrive, letting me know that I can open a paypal claim any time, generally being non-defensive and asking for the buyers to wait and see how things shake out. My tracking looks legit, things are moving, and my stuff shipped before this whole affair started. S/he asked me to let the board know about that, so here it is without me taking either side.

I will also say this is not to detract from the excellent detective work done by other members and I acknowledge how clear cut that seems at first glance.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
There are other facts that I will not disclose that are far more damning than what has been discovered looking at posts, pictures and patterns. It is why I took action and have been pretty comfortable in our position.

If the early buyers get their items, you are luckier than the last round of this story....

·
Registered
121 Posts
I received my items as described today. I've included photos of the unpacking so you all can see. Blue tape added was mine, it came wrapped heavily in cling wrap for each piece (not shown).

Refresco was on point communicating with me.

There are minor blemishes which I guess is to be expected, the original photos made them look flawless IMO. You can be the judge.

Original post here: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/parts-other-sale-wanted/529665-scam-alert-fs-silver-alu-interior-trim-e39.html

·
Registered
99 Posts
my delivery was attempted today

The USPS attempted delivery of my order from refresco today. A notice was left, and I either need to pick them up or reschedule delivery.
I will report back when I receive the box.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I received my items as described today. I've included photos of the unpacking so you all can see. Blue tape added was mine, it came wrapped heavily in cling wrap for each piece (not shown).

Refresco was on point communicating with me.

There are minor blemishes which I guess is to be expected, the original photos made them look flawless IMO. You can be the judge.

Original post here: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/parts-other-sale-wanted/529665-scam-alert-fs-silver-alu-interior-trim-e39.html
Hate to say, but that was one of my primary concerns with that set, especially with such an asking price. MC is extremely deceiving in photos.

Being in LA, I can always extend my service for bringing sets back to life. I know my way around MC, but it's very maintenance dependent.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
I received my items as described today.

So you believe the items were accurately portrayed and you received exactly what was pictured/offered for sale? (Personally I dont 'expect' photos to be manipulated to hide defect or photos used of perfect products but then to actually ship crap or blemished items....)

Are these the same items?

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=729257&stc=1&d=1472695069

Left is the photo in the for sale thread

Right is the item received.

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
I do feel that the parts were as represented and that they were the same as shown in photos. The blemishes they had were water marks not scratches and were very minor. I probably will not keep them because they are tpms and don't match my brushed aluminum but that's on me and not refresco for failing to adequately understand trim pieces

2002 E39 M5 TiAg
2014 Aston Martin Vantage Roadster

·
Registered
99 Posts
I got my trim

I picked up my trim from the post office yesterday.
I received what was advertised and was able to match my parts to the photos in the original posting.
Communication with refresco was ongoing throughout the process, with prompt responses to queries and concerns.
I personally do not believe that refresco is a scammer. IMG_2917.JPG

IMG_2918.JPG

IMG_2919.JPG

IMG_2920.JPG

IMG_2921.JPG

IMG_2922.JPG

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
So you believe the items were accurately portrayed and you received exactly what was pictured/offered for sale? (Personally I dont 'expect' photos to be manipulated to hide defect or photos used of perfect products but then to actually ship crap or blemished items....)

Are these the same items?

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=729257&stc=1&d=1472695069

Left is the photo in the for sale thread

Right is the item received.
I do feel that the parts were as represented and that they were the same as shown in photos. The blemishes they had were water marks not scratches and were very minor. I probably will not keep them because they are tpms and don't match my brushed aluminum but that's on me and not refresco for failing to adequately understand trim pieces
r

The difference between those two pictures are "water stains"?????????????

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Thanks for the update.

I let this go on until folks got their packages.... glad most got items pictured or items they are happy with.

I personally do not believe that refresco is a scammer.
Based on your experience you were not scammed on this one deal by the username refresco.

We know, with certainty (not public), this same user has scammed and operated under other names.

Folks need to understand there are sociopaths that move around this online world who try to look like us- we are car enthusiasts, good guys just looking to indulge in their hobby, their passions, etc. It is important not to take your own emotions and your own concept of self, and personal integrity and apply it to these scammers.

The person behind these scams- and there are many, many names going back MANY years- hangs around watch and high end car forums looking to run the occasional scam. Perhaps refresco was a new leaf? Clean out old stock? get rid of these items? Or just an attempt to make a few bucks and not run any scams.... maybe Anna is the new girlfriend and Maciej has given up his cheating past? She is taking over the biz in an honest manner? Too bad. ebay will be a fine place for you to sell.

They lost the right to be a part of the community several years ago.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Nobody begrudges you your right to make a determination based on facts available, ard. We appreciate the responsible modding

2002 E39 M5 TiAg
2014 Aston Martin Vantage Roadster

·
Registered
49 Posts
I ordered Technical Graphite trim from Refresco before mods tagged all of his posts with "scammer". He was very communicative throughout the process, even posting pictures throughout. There was constant communication, even about the issue that this post surrounds. In any event, I received the trim mostly as advertised. There were a few scratches on the console/shifter trim and a missing/broken post on the passenger dash trim. The scratches were mostly buffed out and they did show in the pictures sent by Refresco. The missing post was not mentioned. Packing was adequate (no damage from shipping), but pieces should have been bubble wrapped and placed in a secure/sturdy box. I didn't take pictures of the packaging though, it is very similar to what thayereightball shows in his post with the entire package (flimsy cardboard box) wrapped in a garbage bag and pieces wrapped in saran/plastic wrap surrounded by newspaper.

Overall, I'm happy with the trim and would not consider the transaction that took place to be a scam.

Process began August 17. Trim was delivered on September 1. This is from Poland to Canada.

If there is anything else I can clear up, please let me know.

Regards,
Darren Schmidt

·
Registered
188 Posts
Nartin101 is questionable, I ran into an issue with this user buying a diffuser, turned out that I had to file a claim with PayPal in order to get my money back, and the user nartin101 was active but only provided excuses.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Nartin101 is questionable, I ran into an issue with this user buying a diffuser, turned out that I had to file a claim with PayPal in order to get my money back, and the user nartin101 was active but only provided excuses.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks

Oddly, others have found he might be a scammer and just posted their conclusions in a thread.... DID NOT REPORT IT!!!!

Folks- hit the red exclamation/triangle button...even if it is a suspicion. Mods can then be on the look out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
if you want to buy parts for your car, I recommend ebay is the best way, cause of risk free and money back gurantee.

161 - 180 of 180 Posts
About this Discussion
179 Replies
47 Participants
johnsontsui
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing