BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

141 - 160 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
I received an email proactively from him last night saying that he was not associated with the past person #trends and reminding me the package has been shipped. It has in fact with tracking showing a pickup in Poland and this was before all this started. The PayPal email was [email protected] and the name was an Anna C----, a polish last name. I will give them the benefit of the doubt for now (what else can I do) and report back when it arrives

2002 E39 M5 TiAg
2014 Aston Martin Vantage Roadster

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I received an email proactively from him last night saying that he was not associated with the past person #trends and reminding me the package has been shipped. It has in fact with tracking showing a pickup in Poland and this was before all this started. The PayPal email was [email protected] and the name was an Anna C----, a polish last name. I will give them the benefit of the doubt for now (what else can I do) and report back when it arrives
He's full of **** - he said the same thing last time: "oh, my business partner is a crook and we just happen to share the same photobucket. I'm an honest seller"...as he proceeded to misrepresent the items he did have and flat out screw several members out of their $$. Hopefully your item did ship and it'll arrive as expected. The fact is that it's only a matter of time before a group of board members get boned again.

As evidenced earlier in this thread, he's done this under a variety of user names on BMW, Audi, & Porsche forums as well as 6Speedonline and various high-end watch forums. He's not very good at hiding his tracks, so I can only hope that one day he makes the mistake of ripping someone off who's local enough to give him what he really deserves.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
He also said he has responded to m5board mods - has he ?

2002 E39 M5 TiAg
Got this:

Hey,

I have no idea what this person is talking about. I have only just noticed new posts under each of my threads.

I am based in Poland, but I am not a scammer, I am not related to this other member mentioned there and i am using paypal for payments, all my buyers are fully covered.

Here are trackings for items sold through forums:

Muschelahorn Trim: CP186441433PL

Matt Chrom Trim: CP188529040PL

Technical Graphite Trim: CP186441376PL

One more item is scheduled to be out today and one more is to go out on monday.

I just tried to log into the forums and it says I have been banned. Why??

Please let me know.

Best regards,
Anna

Sent from my iPhone.
So, person is a woman named 'Anna'

Lets see if all items arrive as promised in condition as promised.

If you are one of the buyers of the tracking numbers above, PM me and let me know.

Thx

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
I have advised that until all 5 items mentioned in 'her' message have been delivered and confirmed perfect, no changes here.

First tracking number shows attempted in Atlanta, GA
2 is accepted and moving
3 is just created, no movement

Anyway, we know the scam- has a handful of parts, sells it 20-30 times on many websites, strings the process along with a few tracking numbers...many get caught with nothing.

New twist here is that they seem to be using paypal- somehow they have a system to move paypal funds out of paypal into entities they control, either onward purchases or sweeping the $$ into bank accounts so paypal cannot get it back.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
POS said:
I have no idea what this person is talking about. I have only just noticed new posts under each of my threads.

I am based in Poland, but I am not a scammer, I am not related to this other member mentioned there and i am using paypal for payments, all my buyers are fully covered
LOL

Let's recap...So, "she" just happens to be

- selling the exact same assortment of BMW, Audi, Bentley, & Porsche parts
- selling the exact same assortment of high-end watches
- using the exact same background for many of the pictures
- using the same "rrefresco" photobucket account as "yellobird"
- not only lives in Poland, but all shipments originate specifically in Warsaw, PL

I'm sure it's just a coincidence. :) At least he/she started using Paypal. Good Luck, all and thanks to DKing for the detective work and ard for the quick smack down.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Sorry that's [email protected]

2002 E39 M5 TiAg

I missed this...didnt know what you meant.

'saguaro' is a known scammer ID over at 6speedonline. Ive been in contact with an Admin there, confirmed. They shut down both accounts and all adverts.

Maybe you will be lucky....

·
Registered
99 Posts
I too recently purchased trim from rrefresco. I rec'd a tracking number that seems legit, but in thinking about it could be tracking number for any delivery to anywhere. What got me to that conclusion is that one of the 3 tracking numbers listed in the copied email above is one that I was given for my shipment.
I also got an email that stated the same as above about not being hashtagtrends...I can only hope I haven't been ripped off. I am happy though that the transaction was done via PayPal.
After several initial emails back and forth, I was eventually informed that who I was communicating with was Anna, I asked if she drove an M5, and said no, that her fiance had one in the past and now she handles his international sales of parts.
I will post if and when my parts arrive.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm having a similar suspicion of user paulie153. It has been 10 days since I sent payment via PayPal (like an idiot I sent it as friends and family because he discounted the glass) and he has dodged sending me tracking information. I have email traffic to support his excuses for not sending me tracking. He is also another person selling from "Poland". Looks like I'm out $85..

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
I'm having a similar suspicion of user paulie153. It has been 10 days since I sent payment via PayPal (like an idiot I sent it as friends and family because he discounted the glass) and he has dodged sending me tracking information. I have email traffic to support his excuses for not sending me tracking. He is also another person selling from "Poland". Looks like I'm out $85..

Ive looked- at this point it does not appear to be linked to this thread. From what I can see.

hashtag and others persona were quick to send fake tracking info... your guy might have just flaked (it is august in europe)

Keep us posted, feel free to do PM if this is not part of hashtag/refresco...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ordered a set a technical graphite before all this came to light. Vendor emailed me and assured me that he/she is not who he/she is accused to be. Gave me tracking for my order which is not one of the tracking a listed. We will see and I will keep you posted. Tracking # cp186441402pl.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
That is 4 packages with tracking- one delivered in Atlanta, but no buyer response.

The other two from earlier show little movement, although one of them seems to have left the 'processing facility'. The second hasnt moved.

The tracking above seems to be invalid at present.... could just be she/he sent it and Polish Mail hasnt updated yet.

We still do not have a SINGLE confirmed receipt....

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
One thought-

Anyone sending money might consider immediate action with paypal so PP can freeze the account and prevent the $$ from being swept out of the PP balance.

Not sure how PP works with filing claims, but if you can speak to a person and explain the situation and how this will protect paypal, they might do it. Or at least freeze the funds.

refresco claims 'she' has asked the buyers to notify me when items are received. So let me ask: anyone get emails saying "when the item arrives please send ard a Private Message"?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I don't have your email and didn't get a request from refresco to contact you separately

2002 E39 M5 TiAg

·
Registered
123 Posts
Can't pm due to restrictions on new members and side note that threshold should be lowered !

2002 E39 M5 TiAg

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Can't pm due to restrictions on new members and side note that threshold should be lowered !

1. Then tell me here, taking out any personal info...

2. The 50 post limit makes it harder for scammers like hashtag and refresco to operate. When someone posts an email in their thread, and wants contact outside of the PM system, consider that a red flag..or maybe a yellow flag. If someone has 50 posts, with 45 of them being 'nice wheels', or 'looks good' or 'I was thinking of doing the same', THAT is a red flag. The 50 post limit also reduces member abuse of the PM system to harass others.

141 - 160 of 180 Posts