BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I have had the vehicle diagnosis test module 3 vanos sole valves faulty so had them fixed about 2weeks ago and now its backouich Reduced power problem AGAIN after a diagnosis it's the brake boost .........One day i get the reduced power the next day its all normal :rolleyes:This is doing my head in now:mad::mad::mad::mad: anyone know about this please help<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
<!-- / message -->

·
8,369 Posts
Hi, as you can see, over 250 people read your post but not a single reply.

Our beast are complicated machines. Reduced power is one of the toughest problem to pin point / properly diagnose and repair as it could be a lot of number of things.

The best you can do is to take it the dealership, have them continue to pull codes and replace parts until the problem goes away.
Sorry I wish we could be more help.

Keep us posted.

I wish you the best.

·
Registered
92 Posts
i had the same issue not so long ago... drove me insane as it happened every now and then. well a couple of bmw trips later they found out the problem was the clutch so they changed it aswell as the flywheel and a clutch position sensor. problem is now completely gone. could be the same issue... also they did do a complete progman idrive update which i asked them to do

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It will be in with BMW this week so i will give a update soon as i can thanks for the help

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi all after the diagnosis test the brake booster is still showing a fault but i dont think its that as the brakes are all working fine and been fully tested so maybe just a ghost code ??? but also showing as a fault (pressure regulator fault,possible pressure regulator,fuel pump,fuel pump relay,fuel pressure sensor,so i think i will start small on the new parts and see how it works out hope this helps others

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
fixed

Hi all after the diagnosis test the brake booster is still showing a fault but i dont think its that as the brakes are all working fine and been fully tested so maybe just a ghost code ??? but also showing as a fault (pressure regulator fault,possible pressure regulator,fuel pump,fuel pump relay,fuel pressure sensor,so i think i will start small on the new parts and see how it works out hope this helps others
Hi all just to say its now fixed please note BMW could not fix :Thumbdown:in the end it was the ECU i spent over 3k to sort and just so you know in the uk bmw order over 20 a year to replace in the M6 so now im thinking porsche 997 c2 or turbo also a bentley continental gt i would like some input on what you think thanks

·
8,369 Posts
Yikes! I know ECU is expensive!

Your car was out of warranty?

Shame on your local BMW dealer for not being to diagnose and fix the problem.

Dan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts