BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! Does anyone out there know where to find the "all red" taillights that can be seen on the "1995 M5" segment of BMWM5.com?
I'm desperately looking for a set for my 1991 535i and my 1995 M5 touring(not the same shape as on the sedan!). I do not need the red/white type.
Thanks for any insight. GeorgeK

G

·
0 Posts
George

Hella is at least offering the darkened ones. You should go to www.hella.de and search your local Hella dealer for more information.

Rgds,
Dominik
'89 M5 WBSxxx0730

·
Registered
6 Posts
There is a way to paint a translucent coat of standard automotive car laquer. My buddy does it and I am getting my stock M5 tails, RED/AMBER painted all red. It is a way that you make a "candy" coat which is very thin and in turn Translucent so the light still shines through.

Jon
(91' //M5)

·
Registered
12 Posts
When i've been to the Geneva Motorshow 1999 i had a catalog in my hands from a small company in switzerland with had them! I had it in my hand!!!!
Unfortunatley i don't remember the name of the company anymore. i thougt it's easy to find them at other places but i was mistaken!
i'm also looking for them, so if you find them let me know, thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Don,

I think a quick session with the hyptno-therapist is in order! (to remember the name of that company) I looked around for weeks trying to find the "all red" rear-end look and had no luck. I know this is a given but.....If any of you guys find them let us know. I'd try the spray paint idea, but those lights are too pricey for an experiment.

John Lochhead

·
Registered
87 Posts
Not sure if it will work well on Bimmer lights. I use candy apple paint, mix it with clear paint(don't know what's the name for it). And I think the ratio is 2:10, and then sprey on the lights on my sold 240SX..

Or you can go to local car access. store, and buy those Japanese made light sprey(which I still have a brand new one..maybe sprey my 400SE)...around $20 CDN for a bottle, which is enough to cover both rear tailights...

Andy Kuo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts