BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am approaching the 25,000 mile mark. I decided I would change oil every 5000 miles, but it is the rest of the maintenance that isn't clear to me. Do I wait until the car reports that something needs to change or is there a preventative schedule that is recommended. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Do I wait until the car reports that something needs to change or is there a preventative schedule that is recommended.
Do you have this booklet? It covers BMW recommended maintenance intervals specifically for the M5/M6. There are several items that are different from "vanilla" E60's. It also covers items that are not monitored by the condition-based service (CBS) system. There are other "recommended" maintenance guides out there, but I prefer to follow the manufacturer's recommendations.

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts

·
Registered
DinanS2+ e60m5 6MT, s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,262 Posts
Reactions: GaretJax

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I just read through Mike Miller's maintenance guide and there is no mention of the Vanos components. Is there anything else outside the scope of that document and what is the recommendation regarding the Vanos system? Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you have this booklet? It covers BMW recommended maintenance intervals specifically for the M5/M6. There are several items that are different from "vanilla" E60's. It also covers items that are not monitored by the condition-based service (CBS) system. There are other "recommended" maintenance guides out there, but I prefer to follow the manufacturer's recommendations.
I do have this booklet, but I didn't find what I was looking for. I am really looking for something that shows me what needs to be done/inspected at the various mileages as the car progresses through its life.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts