BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am shopping for exhaust which is just about 30% louder during idling and at throughout whole rev range. I have a few selection in mind; Tubi, Supersprint, Eisenmann.

Can i gather some comment please?

I have been searching for threads and posts to the following but can't really find answer to my question.

Thanks.

lewisng

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Eisenmann with oval tips sounds the best on the e60

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do know how these exhaust sounds like, just don't know how loud they are compare to stock. I have never heard any of these exhaust in real life envorenment, so i can only rely on words of mouth to help me with decision making.

30% louder than stock exhaust is what I'm targeting to get.

Thanks,

Lewisng

·
Registered
696 Posts
That would be supersprint race then.

It has a deeper sound (growl) and sounds fabulous from 3500 rpm and up.
It is loud enough to draw attention (if that is a factor) at the said rpm but still silent enough to not bother when you do higher speeds on lower rpms.

Another factor (if money's an issue), is that the SS goes for half the price compared to Eisenmann.

I have thought about "upgrading" to E-race but I still havnt made up my mind if I REALLY want something that can be considered too loud (those moments I wish it wasnt).

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting... I thought Tubi (regular) would be the quietest among all, guess i'm not at all correct about this. If to choose SS, wouldn't the "performance" model be more quiet than the race?

Regards,

Lewisng

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I have the Supersprint Sport version. It's not too loud but you can definately hear a difference. Not sure if its the 30% you are looking for but it does not draw too much attention but sounds great.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
i got ss aswell and i'd say that the ss race with the x-pipe is defenetly 30% louder..it will most likely be just what you are looking for..

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I have the Dinan, and I'm really happy. Its louder than I thought it was going to be, but I still sould like a little more. Deeper growl at idle and take off, great above 3000 RPMs, and saves like 20 lbs. To each his own...but you should try to hear a few in person to make the best decision for yourself.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
You shouldgo to Youtube or Google video and type in M5 exhaust or E60 exhaust and you should get a couple videos. They dont always do it justice, but its a little teaser.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Your opinion will be very helpful to me as watching from youtube or google video can only give me an idea of how these exhaust sounds like but not on the actual db it produce. I don't have the privilege to hear the real exhaust notes like you all from where i'm at.

Anybody here actually had a chance to compare Tubi, SS and Eisenmann? Which is quieter? What about resonance, would any of these exhausts be a factor to consider?

Regards,

Lewisng

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
Your opinion will be very helpful to me as watching from youtube or google video can only give me an idea of how these exhaust sounds like but not on the actual db it produce. I don't have the privilege to hear the real exhaust notes like you all from where i'm at.

Anybody here actually had a chance to compare Tubi, SS and Eisenmann? Which is quieter? What about resonance, would any of these exhausts be a factor to consider?

Regards,

Lewisng
The Eisenmann is by far the loudest. You can do what I did -- get the Supersprint Race without the x-pipe first. If you need it more loud, just add the x-pipe.

The Eisenmann and the Supersprint also will have different tones -- the SS is a deeper, throaty note, while the Eisenmann is a higher pitched, raspier sound. So, you are not only comparing volume but also the character of the sound.

I have not heard the Tubi on an e60, but on an e39 it sounds terrific.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks MRichmond.

What about SS Sport version vs SS Race version? Wouldn't SS sport more quiet? Does both have the same notes?

Cheers,

lewisng

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
SS Sport is not as loud as SS Race

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have the Dinan, and I'm really happy. Its louder than I thought it was going to be, but I still sould like a little more. Deeper growl at idle and take off, great above 3000 RPMs, and saves like 20 lbs. To each his own...but you should try to hear a few in person to make the best decision for yourself.
Yep, I've got the Dinan as well and love it. It is a little loud when the engine is cold. But then settles down into a nice growl at idle. Step on it, and the pitch raises but never loud enough to piss off my neighbors. And the burble on decel is real nice.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yep, I've got the Dinan as well and love it. It is a little loud when the engine is cold. But then settles down into a nice growl at idle. Step on it, and the pitch raises but never loud enough to piss off my neighbors. And the burble on decel is real nice.
Any video clips for viewing? Thanks.

Regards,

Lewisng

·
Banned
26 Posts
I installed and heard numerous exhaust systems for the M5. This is what i think.

Eisenmann Sport - Loud
Eisenmann Race - Very Loud
Supersprint - Medium
RDSport Competition - Medium / Cabin noise is very minimal
Hamann - Medium
Tubi - Little bit quieter than Eisenmann Race / Distinctive sound
RDSport Sport - Slightly quieter than the competition version.

Based on what you're asking, I highly recommended the RDsport Sport.

People here may have different definition of "LOUD". I would suggest hearing the exhaust in person rather on soundclip, videos, etc, because it never sounds the same.

D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I installed and heard numerous exhaust systems for the M5. This is what i think.

Eisenmann Sport - Loud
Eisenmann Race - Very Loud
Supersprint - Medium
RDSport Competition - Medium / Cabin noise is very minimal
Hamann - Medium
Tubi - Little bit quieter than Eisenmann Race / Distinctive sound
RDSport Sport - Slightly quieter than the competition version.

Based on what you're asking, I highly recommended the RDsport Sport.

People here may have different definition of "LOUD". I would suggest hearing the exhaust in person rather on soundclip, videos, etc, because it never sounds the same.

D

Thanks, very informative !!

However, your description about Tubi, are you referring to Tubi regular or Tubi Rumore???

From numerous posts over the past gave me a impression about Tubi being the quietest exhaust. Guess i'm wrong?

Cheers,

lewisng

·
Banned
26 Posts
Thats for the Tubi Rumore..:biggrin:

D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts