BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

Couldn't wait any longer for my October production slot, so I went in a local dealer and got the MMMMM last Monday.

It came with black all leather trim. I have heard that if you don't treat it carefully, it may crack and/or fade over the years.

Would any of you be kind enough to post some information or links on how to keep the leather dash and seats in good condition for quite some time? I heard someone mentioned Lexol, but wonder whether there are better alternatives.

Thanks a lot for help w/my process of getting an M5. Mine is still being broken in now, but the "sport" button is way cool.

Thanks for any help/advice in advance.

Best of motoring,
-kuzibimun

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW, on a related note:

The car was produced 07/00. Should the (in)famous VANOS noise problem have been eliminated in this production month?

The sticker under the hood also recommends 5W-30 oil instead of 10W60 that I have seen on earlier M5's.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Congratulations - Hope to see the car on our Wine country tour next Saturday.

I like the Zymol car care system - good stuff including leather care and vinyl care products I have used with success on the M5, as well as wheel cleaner that IS SAFE for our wheels and works very well.

FYI - the vinyl cleaner gives the vinyl a slight shine, and definitely removes the "sneaker marks" we have all managed to inflict on our door panels.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Whatever you do don't use Acid on your wheels like Jean-Christophe in France. He also had Acid ruin his mirror too.

What about trying the BMW products?

07/00 M5 Silver/Titanium

1 - 6 of 6 Posts