BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
E60 M5 and building engines
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Too All,

I also like firearms and own, mainly for precision shooting, but would like to get back to point on rebuilding two S85's

For anyone interested, I have many pictures of tearing down the engines in my photos/home on this site.

I would like support on:
VANOS H.P. pump testing and/or rebuild info.

The rest is standard and surprisingly simple when it come to the rotating assembly. I am still a few weeks out on receiving blocks and have not yet even ordered bearings.

Good news is the program is back on track!

Mr. P

·
Premium Member
E60 M5 and building engines
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Meh, nothing major on this job like yours. Its the VG33E on my old 2000 Nissan Frontier. I'm just doing a simple head gasket job but during tear down I discover lots of things to replace. I already prepped the mating surfaces on the block for the head reinstall. I'm hating this Nissan at this time - hard to work on and gets rusty really quick.. nothing like my toyota's. Head gasket blew up on me months ago. I just had the heads resurfaced and refreshed with valve job and seals, and some cleaning. I have been lagging on this project honestly. So is my E60 M5 6MT - its on jack stands right now waiting for an RPI oil cooler because my Radtec oil cooler failed at the second row. A replacement is on the way but due to this Covid thing it is taking a long time. So I ordered an RPI and that is also back ordered. Just waiting right now for stuff. Still have the new Stoptech BBK I bought that needs to be installed as well. Ended up rebuilding my AR15 long rifle and changing configuration for 3 gun action.
Hello specialized2010,

Thank you for response and I still like your engine bores more than the BMW's.

PS: I owned two Maximas with 6spd manuals and drove from new over 50K while working for Nissan on in one year!....missed so much I purchased a used 06 with M/T....last year of production. Loved that car until the floor boards rusted out.....GRRRR! Alothough I preferr RWD, still really liked the Maxima and between the two of them have over 130K miles of Maximus enjoyment.

Mr .P

21 - 23 of 23 Posts