BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got in my car this morning, and my I-drive was stuck at the "accept" screen. Has anyone had this happen, and is there a way to reboot it?

:mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bone!! You guys rock!!

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
IIRC SES module failure.

This also causes the - black - screens .

On a clients car the only remedy was turning off ignition, locking the car (!!) and then get back in. It appears that certain things only reboot when the car is locked, and not just ignition off.

The process described quite rightly by Bonehead only worked 7/10 times with this car!

Wout

·
Registered
238 Posts
You can also reset the whole system by disconnecting the battery for 20 seconds.

NEVER diconnect the battery!!!!!:nono:

You can reset it by doing "Ctrl, alt, delete " by pushing the volume button in your mid console and with your other hand the eject button on the right and with the same hand but another finger push the eject button from the dvd driver. After a couple of seconds the system will reset.

Good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
You guys are awesome

Search is your friend, Zman.

Push in volume button while simultaneously pressing both the CD and DVD eject buttons. Voila!
I actually called BMW roadside (6PM PST) for advice so as not to drain my battery and the idiot on the other line suggested I let my battery die and call back the next day for roadside assistance! Yeah, lady I actually have to work in the morning and don't have time to wait for tow trucks.:confused3

1 - 7 of 7 Posts