BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I installed a bluetooth cradle after the module had already been installed. I then read the manual to find out that the cradle will not be recognized if installed after the module. I am now trying to figure out how to reset system so that it re-recognizes the bluetooth. I tried unhooking it, but it was still aware that it had been installed and numbers were still stored so I don't think that reset it. I then unhooked my battery for 10 minutes to find that it reset my OBC stats but not my navigation or bluetooth. Anyone know how to do this properly? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
235 Posts
The cradle is NOT the data connection to the car. The cradle only does charging, and if you have it installed aerial antenna. The reason why you keep seeing the phone book in the car is that each time you turn the car back on your phone is syncing up. The cradle is just a plug and play option .. if I remember correctly

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I think I may not have expressed my problem clearly enough. The cradle manual says that if you install the module before the cradle (this is the charging cradle I am refering to... specific to the V710) then it will not charge your phone. The cradle has to be in before the module has been activated. I just need to know how to reboot the module.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts