BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was working on the car and noticed the little ball joints in the rear wishbones are blown. are these replaceable or do I have to replace the whole arm?

where is the best place to order these parts?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
So I was working on the car and noticed the little ball joints in the rear wishbones are blown. are these replaceable or do I have to replace the whole arm?

where is the best place to order these parts?

Thanks
I don't think you can just get a new ball joint and press it in.

Get hte the whole arm, as you will also get the bush at the other end.

They are a common failure, along with the ball joint (not a normal looking balljoint) within the wheel carrier itself.

Rear Wishbone costs about £180 or so, per arm. So from my experience that sort of works out as $180 - $200.

Go for BMW dealer or Lemforder only , I would say.

Good Luck

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Replace the whole arm. Honestly, it is going to be cheapest to just do it all at once (so it only has to come apart once and be aligned once):

- Upper wishbone
- Toe control rod
- Integral link
- Rear lower ball joint

I have found www.eactuning.com to have awesome pricing and awesome customer service. Not to mention, they'll match any price like www.autohausaz.com

as stated, stick with OEM - Lemforder.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright i'll check out those sites. thanks

matt
from that picture you are saying to do 2, 4, 14, and 18? won't I need a press to do #2?

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
alright i'll check out those sites. thanks

matt
from that picture you are saying to do 2, 4, 14, and 18? won't I need a press to do #2?

yes, and yes.

You can make your own ball-joint tool if you're crafty. But a bad lower ball joint is the most significant "loose" feeling of all the worn suspension bits back there.

·
Registered
56 Posts
We carry Lemforder on partbull.com for a pretty reasonable price.

If you're into Genuine, Genuinenewparts carries it, but the shipping won't be free, like it is most of the time with Partbull.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts