BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is at the dealership and they told me my wheel bearings in the rear need replacement but as usual they are taking their sweet time getting the work done. I was wondering if I took the car and drove it around (probably 200 miles) until the parts came in and they could get the job done, would I be causing any additional damage to any parts other than the already busted wheel bearings?

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Had to replace a couple wheels bearings on an '87 325i that didn't get done after an accident that ruined two rims a couple years before that. The mechanic told me wheel bearings are one of those parts you don't mess with. As soon as it's diagnosed as a problem, you don't want to drive if at all possible. In a very sudden moment, you could have an extremely bad situation on your hand. You could go thousands of miles on problem bearings, and then it can that one extra mile that does you in.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Had to replace a couple wheels bearings on an '87 325i that didn't get done after an accident that ruined two rims a couple years before that. The mechanic told me wheel bearings are one of those parts you don't mess with. As soon as it's diagnosed as a problem, you don't want to drive if at all possible. In a very sudden moment, you could have an extremely bad situation on your hand. You could go thousands of miles on problem bearings, and then it can that one extra mile that does you in.
+1, If they have the parts it's an easy fix. :dunno:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts