BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I installed the new wheels and spacers, I was taking a good look at things, and it appears to me my rear toe setting is a bit too much inward.

I had the car aligned at a local BMW shop, which I trust, about 2 months ago. I never got the alignment sheet from them, as I forgot to ask. Typically its left in the car.

Is this an illusion? Does the rear of the car require this setting on the E39 M5's?

Both sides look about the same. This is a quick cell phone shot of what I see.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,793 Posts
I think thats about right. It looks similar on mine I think. I'll post some photos.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I would not judge any car's alignment based on how it looks compared to the contours of a body panel. Either trust the shop that did the work or have it checked again. Nobody (except maybe Rao and his magic string) can look at a pic and tell if the angle is within the spec.

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
I would not judge any car's alignment based on how it looks compared to the contours of a body panel. Either trust the shop that did the work or have it checked again. Nobody (except maybe Rao and his magic string) can look at a pic and tell if the angle is within the spec.

I agree, that's why I use the string :)

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
when you do a **** load of alignments like i do you can look at the back of a car and tell whats off i can tell you toe in toe out camber i like a little toe in on rear and toe out on the front

Reactions: 711jrp

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
My van looks to have the camber slightly off....does it look it to you?

·
Registered
798 Posts
when you do a **** load of alignments like i do you can look at the back of a car and tell whats off i can tell you toe in toe out camber i like a little toe in on rear and toe out on the front
So you can visually see if his toe may be off a 1/2-1 degree? Because that is probably all we are talking about? Wow!

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Go back to the shop and get the sheet. They should be able to pull up the history and give it to you. If not, then tell them to throw it on the rack and get you a sheet. It is their responsibility to give you proof of work. Posting pictures of your alignment from a cell phone is a complete waste of time. Everyone can guess as to what your settings are. Get the sheet. Period.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts