BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know if the rear sunshade can be added to a car with the Extended Leather option.

------------------

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Originally posted by Parkerfe:
Does any one know if the rear sunshade can be added to a car with the Extended Leather option? YES.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Originally posted by Parkerfe:
Originally posted by Jim Dolan:
Do you know how much BMW wants for the sunshade and installation ?

I think this is only at the factory and the cost is $575.00.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Jim Dolan:
I think this is only at the factory and the cost is $575.00.
I was wondering whether it could be installed on an existing car by the dealer

------------------

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have all leather, and so couldn't order it with the sunshade. Can someone tell me why it can't be added by the dealer?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Though I did get a yes to the question of retro-installing the rear sunshade from my worthless dealer, it was confirmed by the people in SC. during the M5 performance program. I have the parts on order and will have Rolling Thunder(custom high end auto stereo) do the install. Though the rear shouldn't be a problem(I hope), it is my understanding from previous postings on this site that the rear doors with the covered sills become too thick for the mouldings that accept the manual side screens, thus, the omission of the option. Rol Thun and I will have to cross that bridge soon. I think the parts cost was around $1200 for the three sides of the car. Luckily I got a discount(from another dealership). I have this option on my 540/6 and I miss it on the M. I'll post the outcome.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts