BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've got the typical battery dying situation... blower fan changing speeds on its own... typical case of FSU failure (after 6 years of the last one was replaced).

In my parts search I've run across a rear seat FSU... why does this one not fry or commonly get replaced? Motor draws less current? Doesn't get constant power?
RealOEM.com   BMW E39 M5 BLOWER REAR

Anyone have thoughts on this? searching the net always brings up the main FSU, but I can't find any mention of the rear fsu.

Andrew

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
I've owned 7 E39 M5's and none have had a rear blower. Are you sure you have one?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, that explains a lot then doesn't it :)

Pelican Parts has this listed in "all e39's"... but since it isn't a factory installed be default, that is why there is nothing on the net that says you should replace it!!! Shocking.

Thanks guys.

·
13,589 Posts
Well, that explains a lot then doesn't it :)

Pelican Parts has this listed in "all e39's"... but since it isn't a factory installed be default, that is why there is nothing on the net that says you should replace it!!! Shocking.

Thanks guys.
All jokes aside, Im guessing because most people here dont use the rear a/c nearly as much as the front.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Maybe actually for a touring E39? I don't know, but I have one if you need one. I accidentally ordered one from Pelican last year due to me reading too quickly... It is brand new in the box Behr unit. I do know these won't fit into the front unit properly.

·
13,589 Posts
Maybe actually for a touring E39? I don't know, but I have one if you need one. I accidentally ordered one from Pelican last year due to me reading too quickly... It is brand new in the box Behr unit. I do know these won't fit into the front unit properly.
Fairly certain they are different.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts