BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some free time today and was detailing the M5 when I noticed what appears to be a large gap between the rear diffuser and the bumper at two places.:eek:oohhh: It made me wonder if I have a loose fastener or screw or if this is the normal fit of the diffuser. I've attached two pics for clarification of what I'm talking about. The one shows the whole diffuser with the gap on either side of the middle and the other is a close up of the gap at one of the two areas.

Can anyone comment on if this is normal and therefore OK or do I need to get under the car and figure out what came loose? I'd hate to loose it on the highway like Gustav did on his Monaco road trip.:M5launch:

TIA

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
i think the tabs are loose, just have to get under the car and smack it with the palm of your hand to get the tab to lock back

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! I had to remove the two bolts underneath and tilt it back slightly while giving it that firm tap to get it to lock in, but it is back in place now. All safe for the occasional high speed run on one of our flat Texas roads and after three coats of Zaino the beast is so slick that I'm sure she'll eek out another 1 or 2 mph due to less wind resistance. :haha:

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
welcome, have fun

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
From experience I gained atleast 5 hp after the Zaino treatment:hihi::hihi::hihi:
Thanks guys! I had to remove the two bolts underneath and tilt it back slightly while giving it that firm tap to get it to lock in, but it is back in place now. All safe for the occasional high speed run on one of our flat Texas roads and after three coats of Zaino the beast is so slick that I'm sure she'll eek out another 1 or 2 mph due to less wind resistance. :haha:

·
Registered
784 Posts
That´s the reason why I use swizol for detailing my Greenbeast!

With detailed wheels and headlights Swizol gains about 7hp :1:

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Dang I have to look into that product 7hp?:grrrr: ....:thumbsup:
That´s the reason why I use swizol for detailing my Greenbeast!

With detailed wheels and headlights Swizol gains about 7hp :1:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts