BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced the main LCD board within my IHKA unit recently and after recoding the module my rear defroster turns on automatically upon start up. The button still functions properly and responds to shutting off/turning on, in addition to shutting off by itself after 15 mins or so. Does anyone know why its turning on every start up? I couldn't find any settings in DIS/Progman for the IHKA unit aside from flap/recirc options.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
It turns on automatically upon startup if the outside temp is below a certain temperature, whether or not it's needed. Mine does anyway, so did my E46 M3 vert.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I figured it was something along those lines, time will tell wether its actually responsive to temperature fluctuations.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Hmm not sure mine does not turn on automatically, and i have been -20 degrees

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
What is Progmans measure plan? I am with RVT on this one, my has to be self pushed. Maybe we can figure it out tomorrow RVT.
The measure plan was automatically determined by progman, if you have a progman setup do the following: LOAD SW > IHKA > Encode.... and it'll take care of the rest.

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
If you figure this out, I want it. I would like nothing more, than the rear defrost and heated seat to come on when I start the car below freezing.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
If you figure this out, I want it. I would like nothing more, than the rear defrost and heated seat to come on when I start the car below freezing.
Come by my house and I'll recode your IHKA, hopefully that'll do the trick.

I actually can't see any other way of enabling this feature aside from using NCS, I might read my IHKA tonight and see if that option presents itself.

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
I will should be heading to the big smoke next week. By and by fixed the noid it was plugged and weak solder joint. If you had not mentioned the solder again I am not sure I would have looked. Thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will should be heading to the big smoke next week. By and by fixed the noid it was plugged and weak solder joint. If you had not mentioned the solder again I am not sure I would have looked. Thanks
Glad to hear it was fixed without having to visit the dealership!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
UPDATE: It was over 60 degrees in my garage overnight and the rear defroster still turned on automatically.

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
That sucks. Have you tried putting the old back in then switching out again and reprogramming both times. Thought is- will it do it with old? If it is different with both parts maybe the part is the problem. If it remains the same then maybe you nicked a wire or shoved something and it is grounded. You know the usual DIY mysteries.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts