BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Rear Defroster Automatically Engaged

1751 Views 12 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Sailor24
I just replaced the main LCD board within my IHKA unit recently and after recoding the module my rear defroster turns on automatically upon start up. The button still functions properly and responds to shutting off/turning on, in addition to shutting off by itself after 15 mins or so. Does anyone know why its turning on every start up? I couldn't find any settings in DIS/Progman for the IHKA unit aside from flap/recirc options.

Thanks in advance.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,464 Posts
It turns on automatically upon startup if the outside temp is below a certain temperature, whether or not it's needed. Mine does anyway, so did my E46 M3 vert.

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
If you figure this out, I want it. I would like nothing more, than the rear defrost and heated seat to come on when I start the car below freezing.
Come by my house and I'll recode your IHKA, hopefully that'll do the trick.

I actually can't see any other way of enabling this feature aside from using NCS, I might read my IHKA tonight and see if that option presents itself.

· Registered
11,848 Posts
That sucks. Have you tried putting the old back in then switching out again and reprogramming both times. Thought is- will it do it with old? If it is different with both parts maybe the part is the problem. If it remains the same then maybe you nicked a wire or shoved something and it is grounded. You know the usual DIY mysteries.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.