BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Looking for some help, I have recently laid my hands on a rear centre console as per the one in this link.

Factory Cupholder Solution

Now I know I need a new set of AC Controls and some ducting which is fine as I have found the part numbers for those bits.

However I also need the new wiring harness that goes from the new controld to the rear console and I am stuffed if I can find this any where on "Real oem" so ................

Has any one on here done this upgrade as a retro fit and if so does any one know the part number for the harness I need ???

Thanks in advance

Maca

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Just a thought, you could probably just cut off the connector to the current air vent and get the same gauge wire and extend the plug yourself. Just examine both plugs to make sure they are the same, which I would assume they are. It would be pretty easy and save you a big hassle of running any new wiring.

Good luck :)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

Already had a look and can't do that. The rear console also has a motor, fan and resistor in it.

The conector on the exsisting vent has 3 wires where as the new one has about 8, because it will run hot and cold air seperate to the front, the motor / blower also has 3 wires.

So I need the new harness that plugs ito the rear vent and blower one end and the new a/c controls at the other.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
UPDATE: Found the part number. Black leather is: # 51162699418
It looks like this was only offered on US M5 cars (DE93).

I'll be honest, I've never seen that rear cup holder console before. I assume it was an option for regular E39 5-series? Maybe just Europe? Do you have the part number?

Ok, well I found the part but I can't figure out which versions it was available for to get the part number?
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=DD21&mospid=47537&btnr=51_3807&hg=51&fg=35

·
Registered
2,936 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I think it is either 1 or 2 however real oem does not show the part number for part 2 and there are two different part numbers for 1.

I need to know for sure which one of them it is. It would be great if some one has actualy reto fitted this and had to buy the harness and can tell me for sure which bit I need.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Yeah I think it is either 1 or 2 however real oem does not show the part number for part 2 and there are two different part numbers for 1.

I need to know for sure which one of them it is. It would be great if some one has actualy reto fitted this and had to buy the harness and can tell me for sure which bit I need.
I have not seen anyone do this retrofit before, other than the link you provided. Have you tried to contact that person?

Otherwise, best bet is to talk directly to your friendly dealership parts desk. They will most likely be able to get you the right part.
I would email or instant message the guys at Tischer (getbmwparts.com) and they will get you what you need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts