BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe it is just me or I have never noticed before but on the rear bumper is there a gap between the bumper and the body that is about a quarter inch?

Viewed from the side it looks like it is tight close to the fender and gradually gets bigger as it goes to the rear. The gap is uniform across the rear it just seem rather large to me.

From the pics that I have seen this looks normal...from the side it looks odd.

Thoughts?

-Jeff

B

·
0 Posts
Nolift911 said:
Maybe it is just me or I have never noticed before but on the rear bumper is there a gap between the bumper and the body that is about a quarter inch?

Viewed from the side it looks like it is tight close to the fender and gradually gets bigger as it goes to the rear. The gap is uniform across the rear it just seem rather large to me.

From the pics that I have seen this looks normal...from the side it looks odd.

Thoughts?

-Jeff
Any pics you can post?

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
It is normal from what I have seen as well. A bit odd when you focus in on it but not very noticable to the general person.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
TCM said:
It is normal from what I have seen as well. A bit odd when you focus in on it but not very noticable to the general person.
I donno...mine looks normal; the gap is even throughout.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The rear bumper position can be adjusted from the bumper shock absorber mountings under the trunk floor trim.

Propably the rear bumper has been taken off at some point and it wasn't properly adjusted when it was put back.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried looking for these and could not find where the adjustment is. The rear bumper has been off for fixing the PDC. Dealer says it is normal.

I will try to post pics. Where is the adjustment for the bumper and how do I get to it. I didn't see anything from inside.

-Jeff

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does anybody have the service manual procedure for removing/adjusting the rear bumper.

I don't know if it needs shims - was never in an accident or any other damage. I think it was just installed incorrectly.

-Jeff

·
Registered
200 Posts
Instructions from TIS for removing and installing rear bumper, but the text is in german.
Sorry about that, I currently have only the german version installed. :rolleyes:

Hope it helps.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts