BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Ah! So it is possible! And your car doesn't have HD radio right? My adviser said it couldn't be done without retrofitting new modules, etc! Mine is 11/05.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Just coded for Real Time Traffic Update

I just completed the coding for real time traffic update on my 2006 this weekend. What I've seen so far:

1. There are now a lot of little boxes on my nav screen that I believe represent locations for traffic information. A few may have some icons in them that indicate construction or something else. Since they're small it's hard to see them when you driving. I don't notice any color coding of the roads indicating rate of traffic flow.

2. If you have programmed a destination, it will alert you with a screen indicating a road along your route that may have a delay, or construction etc, with time of delay and length of backup. On the same screen is a button that will calculate a new route that avoids this delay. I haven't tried that feature yet, as the delays were minimal.

3. The surprise for me, was that under information, car & travel, there are two new categories: Redlight cameras & Speedtraps! Haven't yet confirmed the accuracy of same, but I will. A whole bunch showed up.

Seems like a worthwhile change. Combined with the elimination of the Legal Disclaimer and the addition of the turnsignals to the non-M display, it made the process of learning how to do the coding worthwhile.

·
Registered
78 Posts
So it doesn't show the color coded traffic speed on the map (like sigalert.com) only incidents? That doesn't sound as useful as I was hoping.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Thanks GT3M, I saw the change in the appearance of some of the roads, but hadn't decoded the meaning.

APBarson: A good place to start with coding is BMW Coding Forum.

·
Registered
371 Posts
i got mine coded last wknd but it doesnt work....never updates. my build date is 04/06 and my nav disc is from 2008....

thoughts?
Either it's coded incomplete, the fm traffic signal in your area is having issues, or try a newer nav disc. Your car doesn't have HD radio does it?

·
Registered
371 Posts
As far as coding guide go to the BMW coding forum and start reading your *** off configuration of your laptop is the hardest part the coding becomes easier over time once you get an understanding of the modules. Look up ncs expert coding guide.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just completed the coding for real time traffic update on my 2006 this weekend. What I've seen so far:

1. There are now a lot of little boxes on my nav screen that I believe represent locations for traffic information. A few may have some icons in them that indicate construction or something else. Since they're small it's hard to see them when you driving. I don't notice any color coding of the roads indicating rate of traffic flow.

2. If you have programmed a destination, it will alert you with a screen indicating a road along your route that may have a delay, or construction etc, with time of delay and length of backup. On the same screen is a button that will calculate a new route that avoids this delay. I haven't tried that feature yet, as the delays were minimal.

3. The surprise for me, was that under information, car & travel, there are two new categories: Redlight cameras & Speedtraps! Haven't yet confirmed the accuracy of same, but I will. A whole bunch showed up.

Seems like a worthwhile change. Combined with the elimination of the Legal Disclaimer and the addition of the turnsignals to the non-M display, it made the process of learning how to do the coding worthwhile.
Some pics of the changes to the iDrive display would be great!

·
Registered
371 Posts
they would be really unnecessary... just white diamonds on the roads with the type of delay in the middle and black arrows on the road for slow downs..

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi Everyone, I'm the one who revived this thread which was started in 2006. Thanks for all the useful info on how to set this up. I've installed the software per instructions from bmwcoders but after it reads my VIN it errors out. Can anyone please assist me locally or remotely with properly setting up my software and coding the traffic feature?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hi Everyone, I'm the one who revived this thread which was started in 2006. Thanks for all the useful info on how to set this up. I've installed the software per instructions from bmwcoders but after it reads my VIN it errors out. Can anyone please assist me locally or remotely with properly setting up my software and coding the traffic feature?
Thanks in advance.
^^ x2 I'm in LA as well and I don't mind paying a forum member to help me out! Thanks!

·
Registered
104 Posts
^^ x2 I'm in LA as well and I don't mind paying a forum member to help me out! Thanks!
Got my car coded a few weeks ago by member GT3M. Send him a PM, he is very reasonable. Got other things coded at the same time such as folding mirrors, digital speed, turn signals in HUD, no more accept on nav, etc.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just got my CIC installed (thanks umichchris), and now I've lost traffic. I was told that traffic should work on CIC after retrofit if I had traffic on the CCC. Anyone that's done the CIC retrofit has any info on this? Will coding the CIC bring traffic back? If so, which codes need to be enabled?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just got my CIC installed (thanks umichchris), and now I've lost traffic. I was told that traffic should work on CIC after retrofit if I had traffic on the CCC. Anyone that's done the CIC retrofit has any info on this? Will coding the CIC bring traffic back? If so, which codes need to be enabled?
Thanks in advance
Anyone?

21 - 40 of 88 Posts