BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 07 M5 comes standard with the On-board navigation system (includes 8.8" screen with 16 x 9 format and Real Time Traffic Information5).

Can the 06 M5 receive update to have the Real Time Traffic Information? :confused2

5Real Time Traffic Information not available if HD Radio Audio option is also ordered.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Does anyone know the answer to this? I've been on Google for an hour with no luck. Just bought a 2006 M5 and want to do the CIC navigation upgrade but when I asked if I will have traffic I was told only if the car originally had it. So I want to see if it's possible to upgrade to traffic before i do the CIC upgrade?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Ah awesome I am going get this done. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Here is the info. This is FM based so no need for HD radio.

In the CAPPL, change the following from nicht_aktiv to aktiv.

TMC
CA_TMC
TMC_REGIONAL_C
Thanks. So your're saying that all 2006 M5's have the capability for traffic, it just needs to be enabled by coding?

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
too many abreviations my head hurts lol sorry guys ive never looked into this stuff yet what is cic and all that other stuff you speak of? i too have an 06 but dont have a clue as to what version of software i have. so your saying there is a way to check live traffic using my navigation?

·
Registered
464 Posts
too many abreviations my head hurts lol sorry guys ive never looked into this stuff yet what is cic and all that other stuff you speak of? i too have an 06 but dont have a clue as to what version of software i have. so your saying there is a way to check live traffic using my navigation?
You have CCC nav if you have an 06 so this should work for you as well. The Nav uses FM for realtime traffic updates. It changes relatively quickly to current traffic conditions. The advantage of this system over sat-based system is that this is free forever.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You have CCC nav if you have an 06 so this should work for you as well. The Nav uses FM for realtime traffic updates. It changes relatively quickly to current traffic conditions. The advantage of this system over sat-based system is that this is free forever.
I think if you have HD Radio you need a splitter for the antenna because the FM signal in HD Radio cars goes to the HD module in the trunk and not the CCC unit which needs the FM signal for traffic.
If the car doesn't have HD then the FM antenna connects to the CCC unit so you should have traffic.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I want this. Is it something the dealer should be willing to code?
Depends on your dealer
Some service depts have techs that are willing and able to code features, just pay for labor by the hour. Some will look at you like " :dunno: coding? What's coding?"

1 - 20 of 88 Posts