BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i was wondering if the seal on the small window on the rear door can be replaced? mine is cracking and missing pieces also. i want to replace. i'm looking at realoem.com but can't seem to find the right part. Is this a DIY replacement or should a shop do this? Thanks

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I would be interested if anyone can point us in the direction of the door seals, my rears aren't too bad, but the drivers door I know is wearing and has some holes in it. Would be good to replace these to lower wind noise. I'm referring to the thick rubber seal around the door frame, mounted to the body itself, just to be clear.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Not sure if this is the part that the OP is referring to but...

I think this is the part number for the bit I'm thinking of, for reference :
EDGE PROTECTION FRONT 51727116403
EDGE PROTECTION REAR 51727116405

(on page : http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=DE92&mospid=47550&btnr=51_2281&hg=51&fg=55)

These are for pairs and are about £30 a pair by the looks of it. May well indulge just to make sure I've got a good seal and minimum wind noise.

Apologies to the OP if this is off-topic :)

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
No, after the fact, I'm thinking of another part entirely and was sort of thinking aloud...apologies.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
richard, i think part 9 is the right one.. but the picture is very deceiving. has anyone replaced it before? i will upload a picture of it this afternoon with a shot from my phone.

edit: feelbe.. i think you might be right that might be the part

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Never easy to tell on the blow-up diagrams...

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Wow, that is bad. It does look like part 17 in the link feeblebob posted, not too expensive to replace by the look of it. You'd have to remove the shadow line trim around the top of the door to get to it, these can be tricky to remove without bending. Also you come off is the trim strip between the two windows, that is held on with screws from the inside so if you have blinds the rear quarter light blind will need to come off. At the top of the rear facing edge there is a small hole, this allows you to access the top clip. Put a small screwdriver into the slot horizontally and lever the handle down to release the clip. I can't remember of you need to take the door card off to access the bottom screw for the trim or not, if you do, remove the quarter light blind first.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts