BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm putting my 2008 RDSport RS 46 up for sale. I’m some of you have seen the various posts and whatnot about this car, and might wonder why I’m selling it. It’s not due to any performance or financial issue; it’s simply that I am spending more and more time in the US and abroad. Since it’s a Canadian car, I can’t leave it in the States indefinitely, and I personally don’t want to export it, however if a potential buyer wants to do this I will do everything I can to help. If I bring it back to Canada, it will sit in my garage and I will probably drive it for less than one week out of the year, so I figured that this is a good opportunity to let someone else enjoy it. Honestly, I love this car, and having had the privilege of owning many different vehicles, including some far more exotic, I have to say this is one of the best cars overall I've ever had.

Anyway that’s enough of the background info. Here are the specs for the car:

The RDSport parts are:
- 4.6L engine with full exhaust/headers/high flow cats, and software
- Front and rear RD carbon kevlar aprons, plus the trunk spoiler
- RDSport chassis kit (RD springs and RD/Bilstein struts), I can include RD sway bars as well, but they are not currently installed
- RD/Stoptech 6 piston front, 4 piston rear brakes with slotted rotors
- 20" RS-2 Forged wheels with titanium hardware
- Racing Dynamics instrumentation with 360km/h limit for TUV approval

The original specs from BMW included the MDrive package w/Navigation, Executive Package, Black Novillo Leather, and 19" wheels (which I sold when I got the RD wheels), and Canadian cars all include the Cold Weather Package. BMW warranty and scheduled maintenance until July 9, 2012, plus the RD warranty on their parts, which matches BMW’s warranty.

The car has approximately 34,000km on it now, all service and maintenance work has been done to date, including oil changes more than twice as often as BMW recommends. It’s in excellent shape, has seen rain briefly maybe three times that I know of, never any snow since it has been in California mostly except for last summer when it was in Calgary. The car hasn’t been abused in any way, and any potential buyers are welcome to look at the car in person. Also, I will include a bunch of magazines that the car has been featured in. The stock M3 is already an incredible car for it’s versatility, but there is simply no other 527hp naturally aspirated, 8400rpm redlining sports car that you can take three people and their golf bags in. Everything about this car is just that much better than stock, whether it be performance, looks (in my opinion), or uniqueness. The car seems to be immensely popular as well as I constantly get complimented, stopped on the street, etc…

Currently the car is in Los Angeles, California. The buyer could arrange for shipping, or I can help find a company. Of course you could always drive it back too. Given the current value of used 2008 Canadian M3’s, and the price of all the parts purchased at a disadvantageous exchange rate, plus the current exchange rate, I believe I’m asking for a very fair price: $85,000 CAD. I will consider all reasonable offers as well, especially if they are in USD, and assist in any way that I can to help a buyer from another country (I believe this a fairly easy and low cost process for the United States, for other countries it would be best to use an experienced broker).

Let me know what you think, and if you have any more questions I'll do my best to answer them. It’s probably best to PM me since I don’t come on here very often.

The following three pictures don’t show the RD trunk spoiler because I didn’t install it until late last summer.

This picture of the plenum isn't mine, but I couldn't find one that I took and they look the same anyway:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Dyno sheet?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dyno sheet?
The one time I saw the car on a dyno in the spring it put down something like 421.7whp on a Mustang dyno with 91 octane fuel. I don't have the dyno sheet because frankly I had no use for it and don't really care about dyno sheets, but I can check if someone else has the file or printout.

·
Banned
233 Posts
The one time I saw the car on a dyno in the spring it put down something like 421.7whp on a Mustang dyno with 91 octane fuel. I don't have the dyno sheet because frankly I had no use for it and don't really care about dyno sheets, but I can check if someone else has the file or printout.
Awesome car. GLWS. It should be seen on Top Gear.

·
Banned
233 Posts
Thanks guys for the nice comments. I've lowered the price to $80,000CAD OBO.
Is that like $15,000 USD?? :biggrin: Bump for awesomeness

1 - 20 of 28 Posts