BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone with this set up having problems with emisions. I have heard that the o2 sensors must be moved. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
I used to have RDsport headers, race cats, x-pipe and exhaust. I also had their software tune to eliminate the CEL. The O2 sensors were not removed. I'm not sure about what the software tune does but I believe it bypasses the check programs from the sensors.

But if you're asking if you'll pass an emissions test or not, then I'm not sure. I think with the primary cats gone from replacing the stock headers with the RDSport units, you'll still put out more toxic gas even with the race cats in place.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, not sure what to do next. My registration expired and I need the inspection to renew.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I just went through the same set of problems and tried O2 sims, the mechanical type and then an electronic one and in every case the check engine light came on. The law in NC is that you have to fail twice and then show that you spent at least $200 to fix the issue and with that you can apply for a one year waiver. Then, last Saturday I put everything back to stock and drove the car for some miles with the intent to fail a second time and then a miracle happened, I PASSED. No funny business, as you have to connect to the ODBII and it performs all checks including your VIN number. I will PM you with my cell number. Call me and I will tell you how I passed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts