BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using them on here? If so, anyone have images or videos?

Thanks!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not the best shots but here they are installed. We have a couple of these units on special if you are interested.

You can also pair them with the Velocity Stacks which are hard to find.

PM some pricing!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Kevin, I think you are right because I remember reading somewhere that Supersprint made the mufflers for RD Sport but I'm not 100% sure...maybe someone else can chime in.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the PM, anyone else know of any videos? Thanks for yours KevN23, your car is a tank.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Kevin, I think you are right because I remember reading somewhere that Supersprint made the mufflers for RD Sport but I'm not 100% sure...maybe someone else can chime in.
I just bought RDSport mufflers, the LA shop was moving and liquidated all their e39 parts. I got only the muffler, the x-pipes were sold out. The warranty sheet does say that its made by Supersprint.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just bought RDSport mufflers, the LA shop was moving and liquidated all their e39 parts. I got only the muffler, the x-pipes were sold out. The warranty sheet does say that its made by Supersprint.
Any video's of the muffler sound?

Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
True story.
Partlially true.
Supersprint used to private label exhausts for Racing Dynamics / RD Sport througout the 90's, up to circa 2001.
Since then, RD changed their exhaust supplier; Supersprint is no longer dealing with RD, or Racing Dynamics, since about 10 years.
Those M5 E39 RD, leftover mufflers must have been produced prior to 2001.
And yes, they are exactly the same Supersprint Magnum exhaust, just with different tip style and logo.
Alessandro Gilli
Supersprint
Italy

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Partlially true.
Supersprint used to private label exhausts for Racing Dynamics / RD Sport througout the 90's, up to circa 2001.
Since then, RD changed their exhaust supplier; Supersprint is no longer dealing with RD, or Racing Dynamics, since about 10 years.
Those M5 E39 RD, leftover mufflers must have been produced prior to 2001.
And yes, they are exactly the same Supersprint Magnum exhaust, just with different tip style and logo.
Alessandro Gilli
Supersprint
Italy
Thanks for the info! Generally the same tone as a SS rear section then I am guessing?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts