BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

From where can I order the RD Sport springs for the E60 M5 ?

And do you guys recommend it over the H&R springs ?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Tough question to answer. It's like asking which exhaust to get or which tune to get. Honestly it's all up to you and there's not one that's "better" as it's just subjective what you want out of them. From what I know RD springs are probably the lowest springs available and provide good driving ability and they're pretty stiff. H&R gives you a better drop over Eibach but depends what wheels you have blah blah blah.. I would just stay away from uncommon brands for our cars because there's a member on here that used them (can't remember which one) and he had a HUGE issue with them. You can still keep your EDC funtionality with springs unlike coilovers.

dan

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tough question to answer. It's like asking which exhaust to get or which tune to get. Honestly it's all up to you and there's not one that's "better" as it's just subjective what you want out of them. From what I know RD springs are probably the lowest springs available and provide good driving ability and they're pretty stiff. H&R gives you a better drop over Eibach but depends what wheels you have blah blah blah.. I would just stay away from uncommon brands for our cars because there's a member on here that used them (can't remember which one) and he had a HUGE issue with them. You can still keep your EDC funtionality with springs unlike coilovers.

dan
Thanks bro, that was helpful.

We will see others feedback

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I don't know if any members here have actually tried multiple vendors (I'm probably wrong here though...I'm sure there have been). That's really how you're going to get a good opinion, otherwise it's each member just talking about their setup without actually comparing with others. Or maybe some people have tried driving others' cars with a different setup and have an opinion then.

I personally have Dinan springs and like them, but Dinans are probably the most conservative when it comes to drop. I didn't want to risk rubbing so I went the conservative route and I like how my car sits on 20's. Ask Gian (Gcal08) what he thinks of how my car sits. We met for coffee this morning and were admiring my car's setup w.r.t. wheel offsets and stance :)

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Anytime bro that's what this is about. Just to give you an idea, the popular springs people are using are: H&R, Eibach, RD sport. Anything else use at your own risk LOL.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know if any members here have actually tried multiple vendors (I'm probably wrong here though...I'm sure there have been). That's really how you're going to get a good opinion, otherwise it's each member just talking about their setup without actually comparing with others. Or maybe some people have tried driving others' cars with a different setup and have an opinion then.

I personally have Dinan springs and like them, but Dinans are probably the most conservative when it comes to drop. I didn't want to risk rubbing so I went the conservative route and I like how my car sits on 20's. Ask Gian (Gcal08) what he thinks of how my car sits. We met for coffee this morning and were admiring my car's setup w.r.t. wheel offsets and stance :)

Thank you for sharing your thoughts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
H&R are German springs. I dropped my 530 with them and I thought the ride was great. Like others have said, its a very subjective thing. I don't think you can go wrong with any brand name spring.

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
I had RDsport springs before and like Dan said, they're probably the most aggressive as far as drop goes. The car ran pretty stiff if you set EDC to sport mode too. I didn't mind it though and loved the stance but finally decided to jump on the KW coilovers to give me more adjustability options.

If you do want to go with RDsport, check with [email protected], forum member and sponsoring vendor here on the forum.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had RDsport springs before and like Dan said, they're probably the most aggressive as far as drop goes. The car ran pretty stiff if you set EDC to sport mode too. I didn't mind it though and loved the stance but finally decided to jump on the KW coilovers to give me more adjustability options.

If you do want to go with RDsport, check with [email protected], forum member and sponsoring vendor here on the forum.
Thanks that was helpful. What do you mean by adjustability ? Do you want more drop and why ?

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
Thanks that was helpful. What do you mean by adjustability ? Do you want more drop and why ?

I meant the ability to adjust the rebound and compression of the shocks to get to your desired comfort level. But yes, I also played around with the height.

·
Registered
IB DinanS2++ e60m5 6MT, Dogleg s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,400 Posts

2x on everything.

I had them as well, before going to coils.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I always wondered why RDSport springs are so expensive compared to the others?

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
List price on a lot of their stuff is expensive but they do have specials and you should be able to get them for comparable prices.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts

The coil overs are adjustable with spanner wrenches and you can fine tune the ride height very precisely. On the M5, just be aware that you are gonna lose the EDC and will have to get the 'EDC malfunction' error coded out of the idrive. The coil overs are the whole strut assembly, spring and shock.

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
Thank you guys

From where can I get them ?

Trinity Autosport :

The coil overs are adjustable with spanner wrenches and you can fine tune the ride height very precisely. On the M5, just be aware that you are gonna lose the EDC and will have to get the 'EDC malfunction' error coded out of the idrive. The coil overs are the whole strut assembly, spring and shock.

The KW V3 coilovers have modules that will eliminate the EDC errors.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts