BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I'm getting ready to do springs to my car. It seems like most do the H&R kit. Feedback I have heard was that they are harsh. Some do Eibach, but feedback I've heard is that they're "jouncy" at speed. Does anyone run the RD Sport springs? They're substantially more expensive than both Eibach and H&R. I'm wondering A) why they're more expensive, and B) what is the ride quality like? I know they drop the car more than the competition, but wondering how they feel, and which has the lowest propensity to wear out the stock shocks? My car is at about 50,500 miles right now, and i would prefer not to grenade a shock.

Thanks,
Ben

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have Eibach on my car and I love the ride and the look of the lower ride hight. I find the car handles awesome at high speed, I never had any problems yet.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
h&r springs are more for drivers that wants a great handling car. If u have driven on coilovers, the H&R are not as harsh as members say they are. I am using a set of H7R on my M5 and its a grocery, baby hauler. Eibach are for those that wants to remain comfortable, handle a little better and just more for looks rather than handling.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
h&r springs are more for drivers that wants a great handling car. If u have driven on coilovers, the H&R are not as harsh as members say they are. I am using a set of H7R on my M5 and its a grocery, baby hauler. Eibach are for those that wants to remain comfortable, handle a little better and just more for looks rather than handling.
Interesting perspective. I'm coming off a C6z and a 996TT so obviously this car feels like a lexus by comparison. H&R springs seem to be a more popular choice. And you're thinking that's not a choice I'd regret, even if I'm just doing springs, not a coilover setup?

Ben

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Interesting perspective. I'm coming off a C6z and a 996TT so obviously this car feels like a lexus by comparison. H&R springs seem to be a more popular choice. And you're thinking that's not a choice I'd regret, even if I'm just doing springs, not a coilover setup?

Ben

if u are coming from those cars, u will love driving with the H&R, firm ride and not harsh at all compared to those cars.

If u are hardcore and wants the best performance, I would go with KW V3.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts