2,131 Posts
wow. What happened to it?

·
Registered
804 Posts

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Webcam....with a microphone. This will be classic.
+1 Please go get a webcam and set it up. Whether we tell him it is there or not is up to you.. :hihi:

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Nice, I love these kinda projects. Me and a co-worker just finished a project, took us 4 weeks to finish, but really we only put in 6-8 hours each sunday. about 32 hours isnt bad to swap, entire interior including, dash, headliner, carpet, seats, navigation, motor, tranny, diff, rear subframe, doors, hood, exhaust, front bumper and headlights. Some guy bought a 350z from the states not realizing it was parts only, so he bought a wrecked one and got us to swap everything over lol.

I say, 12-15 hours total and he will have it done, so about 2 solid days and he will have it 99% back together if not fully. If hes just putting it back together enough to drive, 8 hours is my guess.

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
wow. What happened to it?
Hey Bob!

Here's the story....

Back in August at the time of Peter's engine install party, Raza had bought this car (sight unseen) from a guy local to me that had began dismantling the car for a part out. I borrowed my friends trailer on which Raza and I hauled this heap to my house where it has sat since. From what I understand, the car hasn't run in a few years but was operational before being pulled apart. I have to wonder why he would be parting it out if it ran properly.

While he was here helping pull Peter's engine, he had intended to get the 540 running well enough to drive onto a trailer for shipping to his home in Texas. For obvious reasons, a driveable vehicle is far cheaper to ship. Problem is, he ran out of time and didn't get around to working on it while here.

The supercharger kit appears to be here in full, but we're missing the clutch, one front rotor and other stuff I'm sure. Pulling the dipstick today produced black sludge. The interior smells like my old gym shorts. Stale *** is what I'd call it. :eek7:

I'm looking forward to seeing this thing come to life. Or not. Either way, this will be interesting. He's got his work cut out for him as I'll be at work while he's working on it alone. The kerosene heater will keep it toasty in there while it's on. As soon as you shut it off, you freeze. It a recipe for pneumonia.

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Not sure why this got moved. Does it not qualify as E39 discussion?:dunno:

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Raza's flip-flops will not be happy about the snow..

I vote for the webcam as well.

·
Registered
756 Posts
why does raza not use the board anymore? might be a dumb question but i looked and couldnt see what happened! one minute he was all over this place then zip...he was gone,

what gives?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Hey Bob!

Here's the story....

Back in August at the time of Peter's engine install party, Raza had bought this car (sight unseen) from a guy local to me that had began dismantling the car for a part out. I borrowed my friends trailer on which Raza and I hauled this heap to my house where it has sat since. From what I understand, the car hasn't run in a few years but was operational before being pulled apart. I have to wonder why he would be parting it out if it ran properly.

While he was here helping pull Peter's engine, he had intended to get the 540 running well enough to drive onto a trailer for shipping to his home in Texas. For obvious reasons, a driveable vehicle is far cheaper to ship. Problem is, he ran out of time and didn't get around to working on it while here.

The supercharger kit appears to be here in full, but we're missing the clutch, one front rotor and other stuff I'm sure. Pulling the dipstick today produced black sludge. The interior smells like my old gym shorts. Stale *** is what I'd call it. :eek7:

I'm looking forward to seeing this thing come to life. Or not. Either way, this will be interesting. He's got his work cut out for him as I'll be at work while he's working on it alone. The kerosene heater will keep it toasty in there while it's on. As soon as you shut it off, you freeze. It a recipe for pneumonia.
I see. I remember the pics from peterfest about him getting this car. At the time it was said he had it shipped to himself in texas and that was it. Pretty funny that none of that actually happened and it has been sitting by you since. The original seller is probably just glad to have it our of his hair.

Too bad it's not a M, would be a lot easier to get rid of.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
I think it needs to be said that (least the last Raza told me) Raza wants to fix this car up and give to his father as a gift.

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
His parents are dropping him off here in the morning and continuing on their journey. Full report after I meet them.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
so, he needs to borrow one of my M5 rotors?

my fee: A 540 s/c kit.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
So then I should move the other 540 thread as well?
I'm not speaking for Peter ... I think he is aptly equipped to do that for himself ... But I think consistency in the application of thread towing is what is on the table. I see value in both threads to e39 M5 readers in both posts.

Mike

21 - 40 of 150 Posts