BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Let's go back in time to Herrubermenschfest back in August. Those of you that were here may recall Raza and I picking up a Blue 540 that he purchased locally and so generously left here for me to re-assemble. After putting it up on the lift, I declined. Missing parts, years of rust and minor rodent infestation being just part of the reason. :confused3 POS...

Fast forward 4 months to today, December 19th.....

Raza is on his way here on a Texas-Maryland road trip with his parents. Something I'm sure only they could endure. :eek7: His plan is to "throw it back together real quick" and, here's the kicker, drive it back to Texas.

How do you think it will pan out? Anyone up for a last minute Razafest? :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Did not know you spend Christmas and New Year with Raza :hihi:
Will not be ready before mid january,me thinkshihahihahiha

Just kidding!
Good luck getting rid of him ASAP...;)

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Raza has a way of "rigging" things together. I say he brings a VW engine to throw in and wheel it back to Texas.:haha:
He did use the word "rig" on several occasions. Last I heard he was loading the parents SUV full of parts that he might need.

Reactions: Kelster

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Did not know you spend Christmas and New Year with Raza :hihi:
Will not be ready before mid january,me thinkshihahihahiha

Just kidding!
Good luck getting rid of him ASAP...;)
Something tells me he's not going to enjoy the current weather pattern. This could save me from an extended visit.

Should I get him some gifts just in case?

First, let me go hide our daughter. :nono:

It's current resting spot....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Haha this is going to be good! Please keep us posted on how the "rigging" comes together.. :eek:h:

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
You should also hide your car and put a lock on the fridge...:grinyes:

Have you ever considered a high voltage fence?:7:
You likely right about hiding my car. I don't want it to become a "parts vehicle" while I'm at work. :eek:h:

The fridge current holds only beer and cheese. Worst that we get is a farting drunk! :biggrin:

I'm think that fencing him in is the best plan. At least until it can move under it's own power.

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha this is going to be good! Please keep us posted on how the "rigging" comes together.. :eek:h:
I will attempt photo documentation of "The Rigging". Something tells me that flex piping will play a part.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Oh I cant WAIT to see and read about this.

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, so I just finished moving it into the garage by myself. That fact that the rear brakes are seized didn't help. I won't post pics of that part. :eek:h:

Here's a few juicy shots of today's action. All parts are now out of the car and strewn across the garage floor.

A quick summary of what needs to be done.:

Clutch and trans installed.
Headers and exhaust installed. There will need to be some, um, creative improvisation here.
Center stack assembly.
Front brake installed. No rotors or calipers on the car currently and I we appear to be missing one rotor. Awesome.
No battery.
DME is a rats nest of loose wires.
Install supercharger and all hoses and tubing.
Drain all fluids and refill
More, I'm sure...

Attachments

·
Registered
517 Posts
OMG, Clemster you have your hands full! Can't wait to see Raza in action, great post keep the pics and commentary coming!! LOL.

gl,

Sean Paul

·
Registered
220 Posts
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/5.0.0.328 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Break out the flip flops.

1 - 20 of 150 Posts