BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Theres a rattle coming from the outside of my car. It happens under half acceleration throughout the low RPM's. Anyone know what could cause this?

I also have a TPM Malfunction warning that is going off intermittently..

Bringing the car to the dealer soon for those two issues and a broken soft-close on the drivers side door.

Thanks..

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Get under your car and start banging around with the palm of your hand to find the rattle.....good luck

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
I have one when the car is idling. Touch the throttle and it goes away. I too thought it was coming from the exhaust yet recently i just added headers and still have it :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

yeah, its most noticeable close to idle. it sounds like a spring banging against metal? not sure how to describe it..

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
maybe when they installed the exhaust the put it back incorrectly and the clamps are hitting the under panel... My clamps are about 1/2 inch from the metal underpanel...

·
Registered
728 Posts
i had one and discovered that it was a bolt that was loose on my supersprint exhaust. like unfound said bang around the underside and look for the rattle.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Sounds like a vanos problem.........................kidding! :hihi: I hate gremlins.The only way to find em is trial and error. get a buddy to work with you, it works much better.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Mine is exactly that way since day one when she was new. Low RPM throttle in the bottom of 2nd, 3rd, 4th, you hear this distinct rattling sound and it goes away after the RPM starts to build. I am actually gonna bring this up to my SA on my next visit. Sounds like something is loose from the factory... I don't think it has anything to do with headers/ aftermarket exhausts... because mine was like that from day one.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine is exactly that way since day one when she was new. Low RPM throttle in the bottom of 2nd, 3rd, 4th, you hear this distinct rattling sound and it goes away after the RPM starts to build. I am actually gonna bring this up to my SA on my next visit. Sounds like something is loose from the factory... I don't think it has anything to do with headers/ aftermarket exhausts... because mine was like that from day one.
Let me know what you SA says because my SA can't think for himself.

I also have a door issue since day 1.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Let me know what you SA says because my SA can't think for himself.

I also have a door issue since day 1.
I will update this thread in about 2-3 weeks when I take my car in.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Mine developed a rear-end sheet-metal rattle after Dinan suspension was installed. An exhaust system hanger had not been tightened during reinstall.

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Make a video. All else is speculation

1 - 14 of 14 Posts