BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone else has been experiencing a rattle/squeak noise coming from the dash -- it is more prevelant on a rough road...
any thoughts????

·
Registered
184 Posts
Check the BC button on the stalk coming out of the stearing weel. This was driving me crazy but it was an easy fix at the dealer... they are aware of it and should have a replacement in stock

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yup. Go over a rough surface and apply pressure to that stalk and you should hear blissful silence - no more annoying buzz/rattle. The dealer will replace it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
noise is coming from the dash...navi screen area...it feels like it's coming from inside
Yup. Go over a rough surface and apply pressure to that stalk and you should hear blissful silence - no more annoying buzz/rattle. The dealer will replace it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
ive also heard similar, at fist i thought my shocks were bottoming out, i jus disregard it now lol!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Check the BC button on the stalk coming out of the stearing weel. This was driving me crazy but it was an easy fix at the dealer... they are aware of it and should have a replacement in stock

Plus 1 for me as well, the BC button needed replacement the rattle was driving me nuts till my son located it, young ears I guess.....

DR.Z DSCF0008.JPG

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I have a muffled thunk coming from the passenger side when going over uneven roads. Anyone have that?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I get a vibrating noise from the left side on start up and at idle. It happens more when it is colder (CA Cold...not real cold). It sounds like its coming from either the engine compartment or left side of the dash but not while driving. Any ideas?

·
Registered
155 Posts
COSMOS i feel ya!

hey cosmos,

i have the exact same noise. sounds like a "thunk" right? the thing that pisses me off the most is: it's not always there, it usually comes out when i hit a pothole or uneven surface but sometimes it isn't there aswell. just driving around and knowing that it's gonna come out and anticipating it IS F***ing horrible! it's actually worse than actually having it come out all the time! it sounds like it's coming from my dash board, at first i had thought maybe something popped outta place, but my shop spent 2 hours trying to find the source of the sound but was unable to detect the reason. any possible pointers? mine isn't coming from the BC button like stated above.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
R.O.

Yes. Thunk. I am thought it might be suspension related, but am not so sure.

I am now going with loose computer or somthing becuase I also have a loud "fan" noise under my dash.

The thunk itself, sounds like a heavy pen in the glove box, but there is nothing in my glove box to make any sort of thunk sound.

This is an on going mystery.

·
Registered
155 Posts
sigh, this noise has been baffling my shop and i for months. still no where near to finding the cause.....

·
8,369 Posts
BC button rattle

Thanks for this post.

I too have the annoying BC button rattle on the turn signal stalk.
Drives me nuts!

I will take her to the $tealer soon and get her fixed.

Does anyone know if they will replace the entire stalk or just replace the springs on the BC button? It appears the push back spring on the BC button became weak that causes the button to rattle on rough roads.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I guess rapid acceleration starts putting some parts under excessive stress.
My driver seat squicks like hell to the point that I am considering buying a new seat.

·
Registered
113 Posts
noise is coming from the dash...navi screen area...it feels like it's coming from inside

I had this as well. It was right after the brain surgeons at the dealer botched the replacement of the HUD. They had to remove the dash and lube the attachment points and reinstall. It has been almost a year now and the noise hasn't returned.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts